*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299140-Abbys-Bebe
by Carl S
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1299140
How my two year old reacted to her new baby sister.
I get Abby on the weekends. She can't wait to come over now, because she's a proud big sister. She's two and she's going on ten. I picked her up from my ex's house for the first time since my new baby's birth.

That day, I knocked on her mother's door. I heard the little pitter patter of her feet as she opened the door for her "paw". Her brown eyes stared at the car, she knew Maria was out there with the new baby. I explained to her that the baby is very fragile, and to be extra nice. I didn't even need to explain myself. As I placed the carseats together, Abby stared at Ally with wonder. She said "Hi bebe! I Abby!" I smiled as I walked around to get in my truck.

As I began to drive, Ally started to cry. Maria picked through the diaper bag looking for a pacifier. Abby had a pacifier, but we knew that it was both unsanitary and it is HERS. We were unaware of what happened, as Maria remembered that she left Ally's pacifier at home. The baby quickly stopped crying as we figured the she had fallen asleep.

Abby started singing to the baby, as we pulled into the driveway at my house. " I love you bebe you a bebe!"  I asked her how she liked the new baby and she said "She's nummy!" Which translates to "good" in Abby talk. Maria opened the door, and snickered. I asked her why she was laughing, and she simply pointed at the baby. She had Abby's pacifier in her mouth. We didn't know what to do, but smile and replace the pacifier with her own.

I asked Abby how Ally got her pacifier. She smiled and said "I'm a big girl and thats for bebe's!" I was very proud of my daughter, and had a good laugh. I love those girls so much! They're so perfect. I love being a dad, because of little happenings like this.
© Copyright 2007 Carl S (abbysdaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299140-Abbys-Bebe