*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299672-A-Loud-Silence
by Forte
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1299672
its about the duality that life challenges us with & the difference our decision can make
A Loud Silence

And so I stood alone and abandoned. I do not know how, but I know why.
Just to find the place I truly belong to.
The majestic, mighty masculine king of this forest is my father-‘the known stranger’ and so ‘rightly’ I’m the heir to the throne. I’m the young, strong lion.
Shall I call it fate or the Super natural’s creativity; I now belong to a different class. I now belong to a father who is not too strong but gentle, who is not like me but very much my own. I play with his own heirs - the lambs. If this gentle one owns me then I am a gentle lamb. I’m happy, I too can smile.
But this smile is not mine. I am the king-to-be. A king like my ‘father’. I should be fierce and show my power by force. But I know none of these.
How can I be among these gentle lambs, when I am a strong lion. My gentleness too can harm them. Shall I forget to smile and learn to be fierce? But I can’t hurt my own? If I hurt you my love, it pains me twice your pain.
Should I then die??...
But my decision did not bring me here, so I shall not decide to go elsewhere. I shall be the king with a smile. I will also learn to be fierce, to the one who’ll intend to hurt my own. I’ll show my power by my love. I will be gentle and very strongly gentle so that I will not hurt my own.
I am a lion with a lamb’s heart or a lamb with a lion’s strength.

------------------------

© Copyright 2007 Forte (sherlie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299672-A-Loud-Silence