*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301781-Love-at-Second-Glance
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1301781
I started this last night at like 2 in the morning. It's just the ending, though!!
[The following ¶s occur in the ending of the story.]

         His eyes pulled at my heartstrings. They drew me in like air to the lungs, made me melt like butter in the sun, and cut through me like a knife through paper. Those eyes where the pinnacle of his beauty, and it was all I could do not to lose myself in them.
         “Trina,” he said, “I need you to survive, or else I shall suffer in eternity. Don’t you see? I love you with all my soul and with the deepest passion of my heart.”
         I remained speechless. He, Jared, quite possibly the hottest, proudest, most selfish, and hopelessly independent jack ass to ever walk the face of the earth had fallen for me. And to be quite honest, I had fallen just the same. While I wasted my time trying to hate him, all the while failing miserably, he was falling for me. I realized what a real bitch I’d been towards him and resented myself for not realizing sooner.
         “Please, say something,” he said, breaking the silence. When I still didn’t say anything, he said, “God damn it! I am such a fucking idiot! What in God’s name was I thinking? Why would a woman like you ever fall for a bastard like me?”
         “I…,” I tried to speak, but the words still wouldn’t come out. I wanted to tell him that there was no reason why I wouldn’t fall for him.
         “I’m sorry I’ve wasted your time.” He turned to leave.
         “Wait!” I’d finally found my voice. He turned back to face me. “Everything you said…I don’t understand”
         “What?”
         “All I’m saying is why would a total babe like you fall for a total… a total bitch like me?”
         “You? A bitch? You are far from being a bitch.”
         “No. I have been such a bitch and even worse, I’ve been so damn blind!”
         “What?”
         “All this time I’ve been trying to hate you! Trying not to fall for you, when all along I…”
         “You were trying to hate me?”
         “I was stupid! I completely ignored the good in you, because I wanted concentrated on what a jack ass you could be because I wanted to hate you.”
         “I don’t know whether to be offended or thankful.”
         “I didn’t mean to offend you.”
         “Well,” he said.
         “Yeah.” For the first time in the last three weeks, I saw Jared for who he really was. Looking past the jack ass rock star in him and seeing clearly for the first time that he could be kind and that, despite my attempts, I couldn’t help but love him.
         “Well, the group leaves at noon. You want to grab a bite to eat at the café?”
         “Sure.”

*That's what I've got so far. I sort of wrote the ending first, but the begining is coming along nicely! The rest will be up soon if I pull a few more all nighters!*
© Copyright 2007 Crew Gurl (crewgurl93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301781-Love-at-Second-Glance