*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302761-The-Lion
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1302761
Jeff meets the the King of the Woods
THE LION



“Jeff did you get Danny’s posters off his wall?” Asked Jeff’s mother from the bottom of the stairs.

“Mom I got everything.” Said Jeff as he carried a box full of items from his brother’s room as he was coming down the stairs.

“Jeff are you ready to leave this dump?” Said Jeff’s father in a sarcastic relived tone of voice as he passed him up the stairs.

“So you telling me that the place where I had my steps and were I learned my ABC’s is a dump?” Said Jeff as he set the box next to the front door and ran back up stairs.

Jeff’s father caring a box coming down the stairs gave a small laugh and said “No no son, those were great times; the place turned into a dump when are trailer trash next door neighbors moved next to us and that dumb dog barking day and night.”

“Honey that’s not nice to call the neighbors trailer trash!” Said Jeff’s mother in shock.

“Mom can I stay at Zack’s house tonight for one final time before we leave” Asked Jeff.

“Well I guess you could” Answered Jeff’s mother as was walking towards the kitchen as Jeff followed behind her. “But you have to see what his mother says and are you sure you wanna go now, it just turned dark and its dangous at night walking by yourself on the street.

“It’s cool I’ll take the woods beside the house” Said Jeff.

“Um Jeff I don’t know about that.” Said Jeff’s father as he walked in the kitchen.
In a spooky tone he says “The spearheads might get you!”

“Dad what!?” Said Jeff as he laughs.

“You heard what I said, the spearheads are going to slit your throat, eat you, and take your soul like they did Johnny” Said Jeff’s father evilly with an evil laugh.

“Oh my goodness!” Said Jeff’s mother with disappointment as she grabs a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

As Jeff laughs and shakes his head with shame, Jeff says “Dad you’re stupid. Dad you told me that story when I was like 8.”

“Well I bet you peed in your pants like you did when u was 8.” Said Jeff’s father as the whole room laughed.

“Well I guess I go call Zack right now.” Said Jeff.

“Make sure you don’t forget the flashlight before you go.” Said Jeff’s father as he left the kitchen. After ten minutes talking to Zack, he went to his room to pack his clothes, then went back down stairs to get the flashlight, and left.

As Jeff entered the woods, the woods were dark and silent. The coolness from the woods gave it a peaceful feeling as Jeff turned his flashlight on to maneuver though the bushes and trees. A couple of minutes into the walk, he felt like something or someone was watching him. As he kept walking, he tripped over what felt like a foot and fell to the ground. He then quickly popped back up, turned around, and looked to see what tripped him. When he looked, he saw nothing but darkness and kept walking. About nine more footsteps after he tripped, his flashlight started to turn on and off. “What is wrong with you? Dad just put new batteries in.” Said Jeff as he bangs the flashlight a few times. The peacefulness ended as he heard bushes rattling a couple of feet from him. When he turn the flashlight towards the bushes, the rattling stopped. He began to get scared and started to walk faster as he could hear his heart beating.

“Why you walking so fast?” Said something or someone with a demonic voice and giggle from a close distance. Without hesitating he began to run; as he was running, he heard running behind him and began to run faster. He ran into tree branches, logs, and bushes with thorns and didn’t even phase him. Suddenly the flashlight turned off and the running behind him stopped. He starts to panic as he bangs on the flashlight. After a few seconds the flashlight came back on and right in front of him was a frightening creature. The creature had alien shaped eyes, its ears were elf shaped, its teeth looked like fangs, also its head was shaped like a spear, and it was 5 feet tall. With a quick reaction, Jeff hits the creature in the head with the flashlight and runs the other way. As he did, something tackled him from the side to the ground and began to claw is face. Blood started pouring down his face as he tried to fight the creature off of him. Soon as he got free, he clawed backwards to a tree and grabbed a small log beside of it. When he shined the flashlight in front of him, it was two of the same creatures walking towards him. Out of nowhere the woods shook with a loud growl. Jeff saw a bright light on a hill and the creature stopped frozenly to look. As he looked harder, he realized the bright light was a lion. The lion was bright white and it was two times bigger then a normal lion. The hair on its chin was long and it looked like it was soft. With a blink of an eye the lion just appear in front of Jeff. The lion then looked the creatures with no fear and gave a huge growl and turn the creatures into dust. As the lion turn around to look at Jeff, Jeff could feel the peace again and stood up to see closer to the lion. Soon as Jeff touch the lion, a tree beside the lion split in two and Jeff saw Zack’s backyard between the tree. The lion grabbed his shirt with his claws and slung him into Zack’s backyard. As Jeff looked back at the tree, the tree was gone. Jeff then ran to Zack’s door and as soon Zack answered the door, Jeff told him everything.
© Copyright 2007 afro_blkguy (afro_blkguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302761-The-Lion