*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306884-Womans-Right-to-have-an-Abortion
Rated: 13+ · Article · Adult · #1306884
This article was written for a survey taken at Helium.com
Should a woman have the right to choose an abortion?


Yes we should have the right to choose what happens to our bodies and weather or not we give birth to a child. Why do the right to lifers think they need to legislate morality? They are crossing church and state lines which is unconstitutional. When a woman makes a decision to have an abortion, it is not a matter of birth control because it's an easy way out. It is a decision that is very personal and requires a lot of soul searching before making that decision.

How many more unwanted, homeless, abused children do they want in this world? Why can't the right to lifers see that these children are living and dying in the streets? Can they not see families struggling to make ends meet and their current children going without the basics? Is it better to bring a child into a world of hunger, violence and abuse or to stop that pregnancy from becoming a child? Cruelty to a newborn is not what I would call an alternative or justice. They are so worried about the life of an embryo not even visible to the naked eye, yet they take life at every corner of the world.

No, this is not about that unborn being that is not a life until it takes it's first breath, but about their religion and opinion being pushed onto everyone across the planet weather we like it or not. If women lose their right to control their reproductive systems then the men of these religions can continue to abuse, beat, rape and kill their wives and children and keep women in their place as their personal slaves. They can keep women out of the work force or in low paying jobs so that they have complete control over them.

To make abortion and birth control illegal is to enslave women to men once again and all the women and men that died fighting for the right to have control over weather or not they brought another human into this cold, violent and disgusting world, have died for nothing.

Right to Lifer's, I think you need to take a look at your own morality and realize just how far you've stepped over the boundaries of free will that you spout about when it suits your reasons for saying so. Your ancestor's took everything from us, including the knowledge of birth control. This is not the Spanish Inquisition, you are not saviors of the world's morals, and in my opinion you are more evil than the entity you blame all your sins upon.

You may not control the female half of our species with your self-righteous, condescending, bigoted and hypocritical opinions. What makes you think that you can regulate and determine what is another's sins, when your own souls bleed with the sins of everything you have done?

Women who seek abortions are not to be stoned as adulteresses or whores, but are your sisters that need your compassion when faced with the decision of abortion and an unwanted pregnancy. Homeless, abused children die every day in the streets of America due to people like you denying a woman the right to choose.

© Copyright 2007 DragonBlue (dragonblue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306884-Womans-Right-to-have-an-Abortion