*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1307699-Interrogation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by mec
Rated: GC · Script/Play · Drama · #1307699
This is a Voice Monologue piece
Wagner/Interrogation/1
ACT ONE

Scene 1:
(Police interrogation Room – RAY sits in the room alone and looks into the two way mirror, there are three faces looking back at him. Ray is a tall man with limp, wavy brown hair green/hazel eyes, he is wearing work pants denim style with a green rock t-shirt)

RAY
I know what you’re doin. You think by leavin me alone with these thugs they’ll intimidate me. Well it ain’t gunna work, I know who they are and they aren’t going to make me say I did it. Well I didn’t. I didn’t hurt that little boy it was Davis over there. That’s right, Davis I‘m rattin you out, I didn’t want to hurt that boy he was nice and sweet and he really loooved me. I know he would let me love his mother and we could have become a proper family. You just can’t stand to see me happy. Can you Davis.
(Ray stands and goes over to the mirror he is starting to tremble a bit. He turns and grabs a cigarette from the pack on the table. Ray is not a typical smoker and holds the cigarette low between his fingers and inhales quickly and exhales a puff of smoke. Ray sits himself back in the seat with his back to the mirror.)

RAY
He wasn’t like those other boys you know – He was my friend he didn’t laugh at me. No not like that Dustin; now Dustin deserved that hit on the head – Rotten boy! but I know that Peter liked me and he was my friend. You know Davis, you and George wouldn’t be friends without me.
(Ray smokes his cigarette quickly and his hand points wildly about as he speaks.)
Yeah that’s right you wouldn’t know the other without me. (exhale, inhale) Davis you been with me the longest. I know, cause it was right after Daddy hit me. (exhale, inhale) You came and helped me with him, didn’t ya. Yeah, we got him good, that no good fat bastard. That man was mean! He was bad mean!
(stubs out his cigarette on the table, and grabs for another)
You remember Davis, that day we met. Daddy just hit me. Ohhh that stung something awful, I fell hard against that toilet, bruising my left side a black eye. He left right after that, I know he left cause he was scared. Yeah, that’s right. Fat bastard was scared, he knows I’ s gunna get him. I picked myself up out that room; you came to me. Outback on the swing you talked me calm, and we came up with a great little plan. Kill him, kill him in his sleep that’s the way he had to go, that’s what you said. Yeah, no, no! I said tie him. Tie him up so he can’t get out and then we’ll; we’ll wake him to watch. Yeah that was my idea.
(Ray stands and puts the cigarette in his mouth, and as he lets it hang off to the side he walks around the table. Looks into the mirror and starts to motions with his hands as if he is holding a knife over someone’s body lying on the table.)

RAY
That fat bastard was scared. I saw his eyes, I saw the fear in his eyes – that first slice was the best. I took that knife and I dragged it down his side – ha ha not so ticklish now are you fat bastard, no, not so ticklish now. Then I took that knife and I opened his leg. Right from the top inside, ohhh!!! that blood just starts to spurt out. Ya, Davis that was our first kill together. but Peter weren’t like that, he was my friend. I know he was my friend and he would love to have me as his Daddy. Yeah, I know he would have loved me as his Daddy.
© Copyright 2007 mec (dreamread at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1307699-Interrogation