*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1308674-Comfort-women
Rated: · Article · Opinion · #1308674
Comfort women
Comfort women, also known as sex slave, is name given by the imperial Japanese army during world war II.

During that time, Japanese troops conquered Korea, a large part of China, Japanese troops forced women and girls mainly from Korea and China to serve as the sex slaves for the Japanese soldiers. In 1992, the evidence discovered in Japanese documents shows that Japanese military authorities permitted their troops to procure women by force to satisfy the sex desire of the male Japanese soldiers. Over 200,000 women and girls were brutally raped by the Japanese soldiers. The women and girls who were not so obedient were tortured to death, by the meanings of the actions that cannot be described here--worse than you can image--The have-to obedient women and girls were systematically beaten and raped day and night in so called "Comfort Station". The worst human rights abuse committed by the Japanese troops during World War II.

Some survived from the tragic experience, but they were both physically and psychologically hurt, which is no remedy to let them recover from the nightmare. Who can bear the torture? Why an apology from Japan is so difficult to get?

The top officials admitted the wrong action, and denied it again, which badly effects the relationship between Japan and Korea, and also China. Even there are so many undeniable evidences provided by Korea, China, and the other countries, the Japanese government just keeps on denying the facts. Just think about the ten Dutch women incident, and they happened to be captured the Japanese troops. See what the Japanese soldiers did to them--day and night raping for about a month. The Japanese troops were afraid of being exposed further, so they killed one of the soldiers to say that it was individual behavior. Who could believe it? Then, think about the women and girls in area controlled by the Japanese troops in World War II. What did they suffer then? A woman from the South Korea who used to be a sex slave at that time said that the Japanese soldiers had killed one of them, and cooked her, then let them eat as "Beef Soup". So, what else could they not to do to the down-trapped women and girls?

Since evidences can be provided from Korea, China, and the other countries, including Japan itself, there is no reason that Japan should not apologize to Korea, China, and the other countries that suffered from the beast-like Japanese troops. We are glad to see the US Congressional Resolution Calls on Japan to Accept Responsibility for Wartime Comfort Women. However, we don't know what kind of excuses from Japan to make again.

Japan should face the history, and admits the bad deed that it had done in World War II.
© Copyright 2007 loveureyes (loveureyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1308674-Comfort-women