*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1310290-job-offers--strangersmore-death
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Short Story · Death · #1310290
strange job offer on a lonely highway stroll, to those that deserve, death takes its toll.
so many nights we argue with the one that we love, why? why do we do it we ask? is it becuse their eyes are closed to our own beliefs? are thier eyes closed to anything they dont want to hear? maybe, most likely yes. but sometimes you want so badly for some one to hear your side that you'd rather scream on deaf ears than whisper to those that listen.  why? we do we fight so bad? i dont know, if i had an answer to it, id be explaining it right now, but i dont, so i can't. all i can say is that not everybody has the same views, but if you look, sometimes they're the same view, only in a different light. did you know black deflects heat? thats probably because it absorbs it. but one may argue it deflects while the other argues it absorbs, not knowing they are both in the same battle. on the same side, only a different point of view. why? why do we go through life, either being one, the one who believes they can help another, or two being the one that thinks noone understands? i dont know, once again if i had the answer id tell ya, im just saying im tired of fighting. its like saying she drowned, and the other saying she took in too much water, both arguements are on the same side, they're just different points of view. only when we can wear both shoes can we understand what the other is fighting for.



she stands on the end of a street only known as grey. left is the open road, that leads to the highway and a few motel/ hotels. the right to a grid of trailers and woods she is unsure of, straight is the same location as the right, only a different part of the run down location, she heads to the left, hoping that maybe someone, somewhere, will be able to understand, not upset if they dont, just hoping. she's went through life not being understood, why should she now? taking a left at where the end of her road and the highway intersected, she makes a right, only knowing of the little vietnamiese store further down and few miles  on.  then thinking of the casinos near the beach, she makes a u-turn and heads in that direction, signs for the hard rock hotel and the island capri awaited her as she neared the on-ramp, silence enveloped her as she pressed on, the mississippi humidity beat down on her, but for the past year she had grown used to, and even fond of it. trucks and cars passed, none stopped of course, they never did, only one in ten beeped thier horn just realizing her as they approached, she only knew the mild part of the town, the run down mom and pops restaurants and dealerships, maybe once or twice venturing this far, but hey, tonight, who really gave a fuck? not her, and if anybody else did, they would have found her by now. still walking in the half moonlight dressed in her best fitting and most comfortable walking jeans, and lynard skynyrd shirt she got for 25cents at a yard sale last summer just because it would help the southerners not realize she was a 'damned yankee' she kept truckin. her family knew not of this venture, for they were at least a thousand miles away, and a thousand miles was a long way to figure out there was a missing person. a large pair of lights blarred its deep air horn, a semi, slowed down on the straight terrain and the automatic window shifted down. "can i help ya get somewhere little lady?" a soft voice projected for the blackened cockpit, a womans voice, older, but full of life, the girl looked up and seen the aura and it was pink, not such a bad color for a trucker, she jumped up on the step with a single light bound, and looked inside, a small rat with colors of brown and white paced across the dash towards her, she smiled, "yea, im trying to get to the coast" she explained, the voice spoke back"well this high way will take you there, but this rig will prolly get you there faster than those feet." she chuckled. the young girl smiled, in her head she was laughin, 'yea, they prolly would' she thought to herself " so you want a lift or am i just wastin time?" the voice asked "naw, i wouldnt mind a lift, if you could, ma'am" the young one replied. the locks could be heard shifting as she opened up the door and seated herself inside.

"rather nice rig ya got here"

"yea, try to keep it that way, oh yea, dont mind the rodent, she keeps me comp'ny"

"naw, its alrigh', i left a white one at home and i've had four more before her"

"yea, they tend to live short, but faithful lives, you can call her trouble, i like to call her tro' fo' short, shes my fifth one."

"hello 'tro'" the girl replied to the rat, and it came up and sniffed her, reconizing its name, and upon seeing she didnt have any treats on her she went back to her owner.

"so, what brings you into the darkness of the highway little one?" the trucker lady asked.

"conflict of intrest i guess you could say." she quietly replied.

"bullheaded boyfriend i take? ive seen many of those types, thats what led me here if ya ask me, tired of the ones that think they're top shit if ya ask me."

"yea, i guess we both had views the other couldn't see" the girl replied.

"you'll have that, but ya ain't gotta live with it, i ain't in 15 years, and im lovin life." the older woman asuretly spoke.

"but don'cha ever feel lonely, or want human companionship?" the little one asked.

"yea, but we truckers know that life, most of us live it because of human disconnection, i guess thats why i have a rat, they ain' like a man, they're willing to listen, yet live they're own lives, and they see that what you do for them is to help, not hurt."

"yea, if only guys could see it like that"the young girl looked out the window, as if seeing the ghost of her still living boyfriend, argueing with her that night, she said there wouldn't be any more of that, and this time, it was the truth.

"if ya ask me, they could all die if i cared, we got enough sperm to raise the whole damn country if ya as' me, the men these days are just plain dum'." she scoffed,

the young girl nodded her head in agreement, looking through her past and seeing that every man she had come across had only wanted her there for the cleaning, or obeying, or the freaky sex she loved,or just to be his little bitch, not for the fact that she could help him be better than anyone he'd ever encountered. the rat jumped to the middle seat and crawled through the curtian where the sleeper cabin was and didnt appear again, probably finding itsself a good place to snuggle she thought, watching her rat do the same thing, only in a different color. somewhere inside her grew this little seed, the kind that grows from anothers words, but partly from your own thoughts providing the fire. for real, they could all just die, all the men, those bastards, except for a numbered few, mmm, like dane cook, he never did anything to deserve such hate or dislike, he was a very awesome man, maybe even obama, but it would depend on how his view changed if he was elected president, cause we all know what you say and what you do are two different things, a few more names popped in her head, but not too many, her father not being on that list, not right now at least, and then the thought of maybe a few women being demolished crossed her mind as well, and her eyes grew with fire and glimmered in the night lights that blarred then faded with each mile marker.

"i see you're thinking bout what i said huh?"the trucker asked.

"yea, just a little thought."

"then you wouldnt mind stopping with me at this truck stop and helping me load a few packages?"

the girl, grateful the woman trucker had taken her this far without mugging or raping her had simply replied"yea sure, i dont mind" not knowing what was in store.

"cool, cause we got a stop right up here."the lights to the all night truck stop appeared in the distance, about a mile away, but here in the south, you could see for that far, because there were no mountains.

"now, im gonna need you to do somethin for me, just stand here while i use the restroom, i dont want noone runnin off with my rig while im pissin, can ya do that? here, just in case, heres my knife, if anyone gets too close, just tap this, and when she did a beautiful switchblade sang into the fresh night air."they get too close, that'll chase 'em off, ok?think ya can do that?" the trucker lady asked.

"sure can, i dont walk unarmed," she replied, taking out her own little black knife, maybe not as sharp as the rig ladys, but just as powerful.

"hope you wers' smart enough to travel with a friend"

"dont leave home without it."she joked, the older lady chuckled under her breath as she went towards the building. rigs and half semis lined the outside of the restaurant, shadey lookin guys waited outside, looking for hookers, or fresh meat, or anything with a hole that dared to venture out this late. one of them, in a dirty old shirt and overalls, and some kind of baseball cap, unlegible from the sweat and grease that lined it, walked up to her like he was the swuavest thing to ever roam this half of the planet.

"this yours little girl?"bad breath spoke.

"no, its a friends"she replied.

"oh really? these your friends too?" he said, reaching for her breasts.

"no but this is" she said flipping the switchblade open

"ohhh, scarey, ya know how to use that?" as he spoke a shadow lined the backside of the trucker ladys trailer, the rat jumped in the front window and watched it, the younger girl not seeing it, but knew he wasn't alone.

"yea i know how to use it, try that shit one more time and you'll find out the hard way." she mocked him, smiling her demented little smile, a creepy little voice started laughing in her head....

"oh is that so? so what if i do this?" he spoke, making quick taunting gestures towards her, like a game she played with her brothers,'im not touching you, im not touching you, im not... hey cut it the fuck out!! she remembered in her head, getting quite pissed off and fed up with this nasty smelling piece of shit horn dog, she took one quick movement and sliced his arm, blood started spilling slowly from him.

"you little bitch, you actually cut me, you little bitch, hey fuck you, i was gonna take it easy on ya, but you ask for it, hey jimmy, get 'round here..." he yelled at her, irrated, but not half as irrated as the voice was, it had a much shorter temper than her, more like a bull with razor wire against its balls instead of rope. the other figure appeared, the rat circled the cabin, watching, waiting, the windows still down from the intial meetin, it lept from the window and attacked the 'jimmys' eyes and face, tearing into him.

"fuck man get it off, get this fucking thing off of me!!" the rat jumped to the ground and ran to its owners foot, who was watching from the back of her rig, waiting patiently for her time, she came around and caught the short stinky fucker off gaurd, pulling a bootknife from her pant leg and slicing his throat, his scream now muffled in a flash of gurgling and choked breathing until there was none. the young girl took her turn on jimmy and drove the knife right into his eyes right in the middle of his face, breaking the only peice of bone that held the nose together and twisted, until his face wanted to cave. the voice once again took over and lashed out, the young girl smiled her demented little smile and proceded to demolish his face with nothing but a switchblade.

"good work little one" the woman complimented, taking a few handi-wipes from her pocket and handing half to the girl, "thanks" the girl replied,"it was nuthin"

"i see, have you done this before?"

"only in my dreams."

"they say dreams can come true."

at that moment the woman unlocked an opened the back of her rig, it was refridgerated, so there was little to no smell, but full of bodies, just limp and piled from the back to about halfway.

"i work for a company that takes care of dirt, with skills like yours, im sure they'd let you in. hell i havent even seen the best of our people slaughter like you did tonight. im sure they'd give you a title, and i'd defiently put in a good word for ya." the older woman described how her 'company' went around killing those that were regarded as pedifiles, scum and lowlifes. basically they were employed to improve the standards of population control, there were men and women, both taking out who needed to be dealt with, in various ways, seeing that if the scum were put in jail there would be a matter of time for them to learn to not be caught, or find a smarter means of doing it.

"when do i start?"

"you're already hired."

the big rig growled to life and jumped into the fresh asphault, 18 wheels began thier travel once again.
© Copyright 2007 kamuria wolf (kamuria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1310290-job-offers--strangersmore-death