*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316618-The-Seven-Idle-Avoidances
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1316618
If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. Idle hands do Devil's work
Most people know about the seven deadly sins, some people know that each of the sins has their corresponding virtue. Good and Evil, yes? Or as I like to call it.. Love and Fear. And I started to wonder.. what about inactivity? Not doing any harm, but being too afraid to fight for the greater good? While I'm not saying it's a reason to be let into heaven or cast into hell, I wanted to play with the idea, so I asked myself, "What would make someone too afraid to pursue each virtue, or to follow it for the wrong reason?" and used some answers to come up with the "Seven Idle Avoidances."

Sin, Virtue, Avoidance (respectively for comparison)


Wrath, Patience, Cowardice - "I'll get hurt"
Pride, Humility, Apathy - "I don't care"
Sloth, Diligence, Escapism - "I don't want to"
Envy, Kindness, Hatred - "I won't(suffering is deserved)"
Lust, Chastity, Insecurity - "I can't"
Greed, Generosity, Ignorance - "I don't know how"
Gluttony, Abstinence, Guilt - "I'm not good enough"
© Copyright 2007 Wolfmaiden (racalussa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316618-The-Seven-Idle-Avoidances