*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316996-Mawu-and-The-Tree
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1316996
A most extraordinary experience, where I found out what it is to become a tree
It is a Saturday afternoon in Johannesburg, I am in a workshop with several other people and we are being taught about Theta Meditation, Quantum Physics and other theorems concerning energy and energy forms. Our teacher is Norman Wattford, who is assisted by Mary, his sister and we are six attentive students, avidly drinking in Norman’ words and privately hoping that we are not the only ones who do not truly understand what he is going on about – “What? neurons do not revolve around atoms? You mean we all have energy cords from the belly button? Oh! and what’s this about time not really being time and everything existing at once in the same place at the same time?” Who could ever imagine that I would be attending a class on quantum physics? I barely just made it from basic maths and detested algebra and physics in school!

So anyway, this is the first time we are all meeting each other, the subject matter is a bit controversial and we don’t know each other, so there is little chitchat initially as we all sit fairly politely, listen and follow Norman’ instructions. He is guiding us to visualize cords coming out of the area between our navel and solar-plexus, reaching out to every one that we meet and telling us to watch a new one being created and see what it is doing.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and after the first meditation, we exchange information about our individual experiences after which we lighten up and become more at ease with each other. This is especially after hearing about what our “Will Cords” were doing during the meditation i.e. dancing around, doing jigs, drawing, kissing their owners on the cheeks etc...

The workshop continues and by now the whole group is so relaxed and blissed out that we ask Norman to take us through a final meditation, this time to energize us because it is Saturday and some of us have plans to go out partying but right now we are all so Zen that we are more likely to be out in deep meditation contemplating the moon for the rest of the evening (must say I would rather prefer that anyway but I am one of those who needs to be energized) than dancing the night away.

During the meditation Norman asks us to centre ourselves and create a ball of energy which is to be sent to Mother Earth, whom I call Mawu. We must watch the ball of energy descend into the core of the earth and wait for Mawu to send it back to us in some form or another since she will send it back transformed into a different kind of energy.



The Tree

All of a sudden, I feel energy, light and liquid energy coming up through my legs/roots. It is a brilliant glowing green/yellow energy. It is spreading through my body but no wait! It is not easy to explain this in words but this is the closest I can get; the energy is flowing through every single cell and fiber of me but I am no longer a body, it is now spreading through my branches!

It is pulsating, running through veins which are not blue, they are green and translucent. It is joyous and filled with vitality. I can feel it in my numerous twigs and branches; I can feel it in each tiny new bud, in every leaf, the brand new tender ones and the older sturdier ones; in every petal, in every blossom, I can feel the colours of it as it energizes every single cell in me. I smell its sweet taste in the sap and the chlorophyll; I smell its greenness in the tender buds and its tinted pale pink blossoms.

More than that, yes! There is more, I can Feel... So… Much!

The birds as they hop on and off my branches as they add more feathers and grass to soften their nests, I feel the vibrations of their chicks in the nests. I feel the bees as they come to sip the nectar from my blossoms and I feel them as they whisk away their load of pollen to take to my brothers and sisters around me. I feel the wind caressing each leaf, each branch as it whispers in and out, in and out of my boughs. The sun as it warms and feeds my tender leaves. The dust as it settles on my upper branches and around my trunk.

I am radiant within and radiant without. I know that I am experiencing an awakening of not only my five senses but many more senses that I did not know existed. My senses are not acting conform to the human definition of the five senses. I smell with my “fingers, I taste with my ears, I see with my neurons etc…each of my five senses has fives senses!

How is it possible that as a tree, I feel more alive, more full of vitality and motion than as a human being? I actually believe that human beings are not capable of withstanding such a constant stimulation of all senses simultaneously for surely they would burn out from the guilt that they would feel? Imagine that, a constant input of pure undiluted ecstasy 1000 times more intense than anything ever experienced before and all for free and not even drug induced!!! Wow!!! Mind blowing and un-bare-able!

Imagine, I had sent my “tiny” little ball of energy to Mawu and she gave me back the experience of being a tree in spring time at the height of its activity, during the birthing season. I was that tree for one moment and in that moment what I experienced was an infinite amount of joy, laughter, contentment and bliss that seemed to be going on forever and ever. I wonder what would have happened had I sent Mawu a huge ball of energy – the one I sent was at least the size of a basket-ball so it wasn’t tiny but it wasn’t small either. That moment that Mawu allowed me to experience was so beautiful and so intense that when we were then instructed to leave Mawu to go and look for “Father Sky”, I was initially reluctant to do so.

But that is another story to tell…

Oh! I know that Father Skys’ gift is still out there having already been experienced and just waiting for me to remember it, which I will try to do before we all meet again for our group mediation next week, so it is not lost.

Back to Earth

What an amazing experience and I would envy the tree except that I now know that with what I am learning in the workshop, there is no need for envy, for I can become it or anything else I desire to be at anytime. In fact I realize I am it at all times and just need to access that information when I want to, which at the beginning of the workshop really seemed like a something truly hypothetical and maybe even crazy, something that could possibly be attained one day in a very far away future by someone else – but now this is a reality that is only just beginning to fade as I complete this narration of my experience.

I am curious to know how the others and Norman himself experienced their exchange of energies – there is a major difference between what I had began to explain to my fellow students and what I have related here. The emotions, feelings, sensations felt at the time were still coursing through my blood and my mind, therefore I was unable to express what I was feeling at that time and even these written words cannot fully explain the intensity of the experience.

I have actually not even embellished anything to make it sound better. It is written as experienced except that I had forgotten about the star dust until one of the other students mentioned that her energy was returned from Father Sky as a shower of stars falling onto her. I am sure she also has a lot more to say about that.

The above is my testimony as lived during my first Theta Meditation / Quantum Healing workshop and I am more than happy to share it with anyone who wishes to learn more.

Thank you Norman, Mary and the rest of the group for such a fantastic opportunity to live those moments, I am looking forward to the next session.

In love, light and peaceful harmony.

Mawu and the tree Copyright © Joan Lainé 2006-2007
All rights reserved

© Copyright 2007 Aalicinew (joanlaine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316996-Mawu-and-The-Tree