*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1318122-Inner-Thoughts-of-a-Wandering-Mind
Rated: E · Prose · Personal · #1318122
Formerly known as "On My Mind" A piece of random thought.
As I gazed toward the celestial heavens, I had thoughts of family and friends that were either buried in memory, or have passed on to the afterlife. Whatever the case, they continue to influence and shape how my life is, and will eventually be.

It is nothing but fantasy to envision living in a place of absolute pristine conditions. The world is far from perfect, far from fair, and far from being the nirvana we all desire. Living in some clandestine location will not exclude you from the stones being thrown at mankind. Life is what it is, and how we travel through it will determine the quality we derive from it.

Do we need to surround ourselves with a large number of people to be successful? I think not. I am quite satisfied with the small inner circle that I have encased myself within. The few people that dwell within the circle are there for a reason. Each has affected my being in such a way that I couldn't imagine them not being around.

If there was ever a need for crystallization, it would have to be for my thoughts. Too often they are clouded and in dire need of positive injection. How can a level of clearness be obtained that would allow for better decision making, and the suppression of most negative factors? Let's face it, you can't deny all the negative energy because there must be some sort of balance. Being too positive also has drawbacks. There must be a certain level of negative so that the positive can truly be appreciated.

My hope is for one day waking to a sense of fulfillment. The dark clouds need to take a hiatus. I know they will return, I just need a break. Will I ever see the rainbow's end? Probably not, but it would be satisfying just to see the rainbow. As long as I have my inner circle, I know it can be possible. For them I am grateful, and with them it will turn around. For now, I just gaze at the sky...



Third Place Round #6 The Great Newbie Challenge
© Copyright 2007 Mike~Dolphins Fan 4 Life (mike3l6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1318122-Inner-Thoughts-of-a-Wandering-Mind