*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1318782-My-Stormy-Existence
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Gothic · #1318782
My views on existence...
As I close my eyes, I drown in the sound of the downpour. The "pings" the raindrops create remind me of the constant irritants flying around my rotting corpse...



I feel a little burst of energy every time the thunder crashes and I laugh at myself for thinking that I actually derive power from it. In fact, the sound startles me long enough to make me forget about my shitty existence.

Oddly enough, the fresh smell is making me homesick, even though my memories of home are diminished and shredded by selfish thieves.



When I opened them, I returned to this planet of new beginnings, continuing the realization that I am still lost. Still scavenging for that person who knew who she was and where she came from.



I stand in this open meadow, erratically teasing the glitter of the embers, as they strike the moist earth around me.

Hoping, that the next sparkle of lightning will prove that I am worth being here.



As soon as I detected the monster, I stood still in his devouring path.

Anticipating that the approaching twister could revamp this deteriorated heart.
© Copyright 2007 BeautifullyUnique (beautifullyodd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1318782-My-Stormy-Existence