*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320484-Friends-and-Relationships
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Friendship · #1320484
People come and go, but Friends stay with you forever...
It was once said that “to write well, you must write what you know.”  This is what I know.  I am a teenage boy, on the verge of a breakthrough, a breakthrough on the path of my very own self discovery.  I have told my story over and over of my family and home life.  This piece has been left out though, the story of my friendships and relationships.

Before I can describe these relationships I must mention something important about me.  I am the odd man out.  I do anything and everything to be the one person I know you will never forget.  I enjoy being original and because of this, people who share these same traits have always seemed to flock towards me, or me to them.  The eccentricities of each other have created unbreakable bonds between us all.  Robert Frost wrote “two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference,” and it surely has.  If I had not taken the “road less traveled by,” I would not have become the person I am today, or made the bonds I hold dearly in my heart.

At first glance you may see very different people, and mistake us for random strangers.  Do not be deceived, we are the ones that know each others waking thoughts, dreams, emotions, wishes, loves, and memories.  We are each others confidants.  We became, in an instant, each others families.

Everyone has their fatal flaws.  Your friends are the ones that walk by your side through life, no matter what those flaws are, and without judgment.  Friends are the ones that can get through anything, that want and try to get past the worst mistakes no matter the pressure and doubt.

Friends are the ones that teach you how to love someone other than your family.  They are the ones to teach you to feel.  My emotions would never have evolved if I never had these bonds.  I love these people with all my heart.  Nicholas Sparks said,

                  I am no one special, just a common person with common thoughts.  There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten.  But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived.  I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough.

Believe these words.  The ones you love are the ones that make you amazing.  Without those special people, you would be nothing, you would not be you. 

Bonds hold only the strength of a true heart, do not let them fade.

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.”
         -James Dean
© Copyright 2007 Alex Kirk (mikemcl615 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320484-Friends-and-Relationships