*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320482-Mystery-and-Magic
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Emotional · #1320482
The Truth of Life, As Seen Through My Eyes...
Why is it when the people closest to you can never really understand you?  Why do they push and push until they get answers that they never deserved?  Why do they try to understand the mystery in life, the mystery in you?

One of this world’s deepest passions is mystery.  People from all over are drawn to what they do not know, to what they do not understand.  The people that prosper from it all are the ones that give into the mystery.  The others fail to thrive.  They spend all their waking time trying to understand what they will never know.

Mystery and magic are all contained in one of life’s best gifts, wisdom.  With wisdom a person holds a lot of power, magic, and with this power they are able to decipher life’s mysteries.  Wisdom is a very fragile thing though.  Some people use this knowledge for personal gain, or for control.  The people that use it to help and to better the people around them are the ones that prosper.  People think with power and knowledge they will be happier.  The truth is that the people that use their wisdom to help others will in turn be happier.  They will feel the love and joy they brought to the people, instead of an impure happiness they tried to selfishly bring to themselves.

It is hard for someone in this world to find true happiness.  You must take the best you can get.  People strive and strive to find something that truly makes them happy, and they will never find it.  Happiness is satisfaction.  Once you are satisfied and your dreams are met, you will be happy.  Most people just look past the laugh of their new born child, or the smile on their partner, or the good memories with their best friends, or the lessons learned from the parents.  That is happiness.

On the contrary, there is a lot of pain and sadness in this world.  Without this pain though, there would be no significance to happiness.

I used to believe that death was a curse.  That people died, and that was the way it was.  It was there to cause pain.  I soon learned that it is a task.  A person is only asked in this world, what they can handle.  People learn from death, something very important, life is short do not waste it.  After reevaluating my thoughts I discovered another piece to this finding.  If death stopped, and everyone could live forever, there would be no point to life.  It is with death that people thrive in life.  People would not fight to pursue their dreams or live life to the fullest each day, if they knew there was no end.  There is an end though.

Someone once said “with every end, there is a new beginning,” this I know is true.  When every door closes, you eventually find the open window.  Everyone has their second chance in life, follow the breeze.  The cool air will guide you to your new beginning, to your second chance.  There is only a light at the end of the tunnel, if you want there to be.

Everyone has a destiny, but your life is not set out for you.  Your life is your choice, choose well.  Go with the flow, follow that breeze, let your light burn bright, find your open window and your second chance, remember your pain and sadness, but most importantly find happiness.
© Copyright 2007 Alex Kirk (mikemcl615 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320482-Mystery-and-Magic