*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322541-Warriors-Bout
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1322541
Just another product of random stimulation, Short though.
Fire reigns and scorched ash descends upon the battle field. Two foes toe to toe, the young warrior of legends and the hell dragon. In this forest of cindering trees and scorched earth the two foes circle each other waiting for the first move. The warrior draws his axe made of ebony and bone its blade fashioned to resembled a hell hound.  Rearing its giant fangs the dragon lets out a roar so loud it shakes the earth. The vibrant youth pounces forward and charges letting out a battle cry. Flames spew across the ground, flowing towards the warrior cindering and bubbling the very earth beneath. The youth bounds and throws down his shield onto the fiery lake now before him. Landing on his shield the youth leaps once more into the air and hails the axe down upon the dragon. Caught off guard the dragon is struck in the neck a fatal blow. Keeling to its knees the dragon’s last breath springs a flow of lava from its gaping maw.

But alas the warrior knows this was his end and has descended into the lake of fire below him. Knowing his deed is done and his loved ones will never fear this fiend is enough to grant him peace in his next life. Flames engulf him and not a whimper or a cry of anguish is released as the fire eats the youth to cinders and then to ash in the wind.
© Copyright 2007 Xain Faith (xainfaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322541-Warriors-Bout