*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1323729-Thanks-WDC
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1323729
Just my thanks to WDC
When I first stumbled upon WDC I was somewhat hesitant. Not sure of whether or not to proceed, I am glad I did. Signing up was easy and I could not have been more happy with what I had found. A diamond in the rough so perfect just what I needed. After browsing the site I find the chat somewhat disappointed by the lack of membership, I cannot access the chat. Letting out a bit of a sigh I continue and post my first work. Excited and a bit wary of reviews, the first time I’ve had someone tell me about my own work. 

I go to bed, hard to sleep too excited. Waking in the morning finally comes to bear its light on my window. I slowly drag myself from the covers of my cold bed and my feet hit the cold floor. I push through the grogginess and the heavy feelings of a long sleep. Settling down in front of my laptop I head for WDC. Anticipating something new for a review, but somewhat scared at the same time. A pleasant surprise awaits me. Now fully awake and aware someone sent me an upgraded membership. Who could it have been, what caused their generosity. I do not know, no clues, no way to find out. The chat room now free to access I enter to see what kind of people are in. After a few minutes of chatting I have already made friends.

A system message saying I have a review. A bit of fear and terror mixed gives me a familiar sense. It takes me a moment or two to find the reviews link. Once I do find the link I hesitate do I really want to know.  Opening the review, relief sets in as I being to read so supportive and kind. Confidence now fills my soul and I know that here in this place I can succeed and I have the tools and support I will need.

I am ever so proud to be part of WDC and I never want to leave. It has changed my life and I write more than I ever have and I could not been happier. Thanks WDC for everything.

Regards Xain Faith
© Copyright 2007 Xain Faith (xainfaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1323729-Thanks-WDC