*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322890-Eternal-Spirit
Rated: E · Poetry · Spiritual · #1322890
Written when I was at my lowest, and began understanding death.
The dim night, still and stagnate all around me.

As I lay in the midst of dreams, the warmth of life diminishes as every drop of blood ceases to flow.

Millions of thoughts of what was, what could have been and what should have been float past my memory for a brief second.

But with no worries, as a numbing, yet, comforting sensation begins to hug me.

Letting go of a single tear, for my grieving mother. Just one final connection to humanity and it's pains, now fading fast.

Yellow memories take over the tear that has dripped from my eye, with a slight tender smile to bring comfort.

As I reflect back quickly at a trail of laughter, that I have planted during my stay here.

Satisfied and ready, scores of chills flow from deep within.

Reality quickly flushing the relics of my mind as an inner energy takes total control.

My unleashed soul exudes this shell of flesh, to a heaven of waiting spirits.

Taking me on a journey laden with the brightest light, and hope.

Away, away, and away from this world.

Until a day which I will pass this way again, swirled into a spring breeze, blowing against your brow, and twisting your hair.

Whispering many answers to your very soul, bringing the last tears ever, to your cheek.

But joyful ones, as you now realize that no life is created in vain, no matter the size, length, color, or purpose.

All questions now answered, as your spirit now escapes to be with mine.

Now you will understand the real truth about an eternal life, forever and ever.
© Copyright 2007 JScott Todd (aquarius2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322890-Eternal-Spirit