*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325184-sami-in-the-1st-grade
by sami
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1325184
this story is about the worries of a 1st grader and how to face them.
"Wake up honey", said Sami's mom" it is time for school". Sami jumped out of bed. She couldn't believe that it was her first day of first grade. Sami had been waiting for this time the whole summer. She looked in her closet and took out her new shirt and pants. The shirt was pink with little white dots everywhere and her pants were light blue with stars on them. Her mom came in to do her hair. "Mommy I want to do my hair myself, I bet nobody has their mom do their hair for them except me". "Listen to me Sami do you like me doing your hair"? "Yes", answered Sami. "Well then it doesn't matter whatever anybody else thinks because you are doing this to make yourself happy not the other kids". So she let her mom put her hair in a braid. Then she went down for breakfast and gave her dad a hug. After wishing her good luck and hugging her goodbye he left for work. While eating her breakfast she wondered if her teachers would like her and if she would like them. Also sh wondered what if the other kids don't want to be my friends and say mean stuff about me. "Oh,no", she thought, "now my stomach hurts and I can't eat any more of chocolate waffle". "Well I guess I better leave for the bus now ". So Sami and her mom left for the bus stop. As they stood there looking at the busy street bustling with cars Sami took hold of her mothers hand and said "Mommy I don't think I really want to go to school anymore". "Why not, you were so excited about it this morning". "Well that was before I actually thought about it and now that I have I feel too scared too face all those kids and teachers". "Sami you should that there is nothing to be afraid of but if you still don't want to go then we can wait till next year". Sami felt like her mom was disappointed with her and she hated it when her mom felt unhappy so she said "Mommy can you tell me a little about your first grade"? "Well on my first day when my mom woke me up I was so scared that I couldn't even eat my breakfast and buy the time I got to school I was starving. My teacher Mrs.Collins was the nicest teacher I ever had. On our first day she gave everybody cupcakes. Mrs.Collins didn't make us do anything on that day instead we just went over the rules and how the classroom works. By the time my mom came to pick me up I didn't want to leave". When her mom had finished her story she had a big smile on her face. " Oh I can still remember that day as if it just happened". After taking a deep breath her mom sighed and said" Are you still scared about going"? "No I think I can do it and plus there is nothing to worry about right because like you said everbody there will be new and all of them will be at least a little nervous". "Right"! Just then the bus came and after kissing her mom goodbye she got on the bus and sat in a seat next to a girl with long brunett hair and hazel eyes. Sami looked out the window and waved to her mom standing there waving back. That is when she realized how much she was going to miss her mom. "Well you know what", Sami thought, " I'll still be able to see her in the afternoon. And with that last thought the bright yellow bus left.
© Copyright 2007 sami (luvbooks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325184-sami-in-the-1st-grade