*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327257-Sintorian-Wars-Intro-part-1
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1327257
Fantasy novel about humanity's fight for suvival against the Sintorian Armies
The World is like an never ending waltz. Ages pass, repititions occure. The world you know is the thrid repition of the waltz. You know of either billions or ten thousand years of earth and universe when in reality this world has existed three times... The tale I tell is the Legend of Reign and the fight for the second world.
Your world is much in difference from that of the second world. This was a land of magic and fantasy. A place ruled by the sword and sheild, a time of honor, much like the chivalry of your middle ages. Alas, through ages, land, and worlds the battle between good and evil rages on...



intro:
The Great War:
They watched as the wounded were carried into the camp... another defeat. The King had done all he could for his land but it now that the last strong nation of men would fall at the hands of the Sintorian. Tomarrow would be King Michael's 53rd birthday and yet there was nothing to celebrate for tomarrow would bring the final battle of men.
The Sintorian were a dark race. Half humanlike, half horse. These though are not like the Centaur of your fabels though. their mane grows black as the thickest oil, their skin gray, horns pertrude from the shoulders and arms, their eyes seem to glow yet they are black as an eclisped night. If they are the equivalant of demons then surely their King, Draegor is the devil. He leads an army of over 600,000 and has conquered the human lands from Sorth to Mintoria. The land of Noin is all that stands in his way. He has smashed through their armies and burned their lands, They go as far as kill even the women and childeren in their conquest against men.
The Noins are a valiant people though. They stood their ground and fought off the enemy many times. but in the end it appeared defeat would grip them. The King could not sleep that night. the war and human kind would be lost tommorrow. The army had been pushed back into the moutains to a place known as the Valley of the End. Quite an appropriate name for the fall of men. As he fell into dream from the exaustion of the night's thoughts, he whispered a prayer to the God's for dilverance. He drifted into sleep and his eyes where barely shut when Fraytic, an elvin advisor to the king rushed to his side. They had found a passage into the moutains that gave thought to old magic. King Michael, Fraytic and two soldiers went to the place. It was a crack in the moutain cliffs that shown a small path. They ventured down the path to see if it gave way to a way of retreat. Instead it lead to a cave that showed beautiful carvings and glisend with crystals. They ventured in to find an ancient ruin of a temple of the second millinium by the style. Massive pillars, rising 50 feet into the cave top supporting the roof which glowed of pure gold. Doors of magnificant size with engravings of creation, and destruction rose almost as high as the pillars. Engraved in the doors was a scroll which said in old elvish The temple of Life. It was a sacred place that caused the king to kneel and pray. The soldiers swung the doors open. They screeched on rusted hinges of bronze over a thousand years old. Inside lie a treasure that man could never imagine in the vastness of his mind unless gazing upon it with his own two eyes. Gold, Precious gems and stones, crowns, and every richness the world can offer. Their eyes though were not fixed on the treasure but on the center of the great hall where tree shimmers of light shown down on three tables made of fine silver. Standing out from the temple of pure marble, on these tables from left to right were enscibed Begining, Sustaining, and Apocolypse...The two tables on the left were bare and full of dust but on the right lie a book. No dust lay on this table as it sparkeled as if just polished. The book was in a condition as if freshly bound and put to the market. As the king reached for the book, he felt a power like a thousand boulder were falling on him which made him tremble in weakness. He took the book and opened it to find the words, " What you have unlocked, made from the pages of heaven and inked by the Godess of Wisdom, is given to men that they decide their own fate... this book has power enough to destroy this world and the next. Use this curse as a blessing bestwoedby the Gods with respect and good will, less the fate of men, elf, dwarf, troll, goblin, and every creature that walks the green earth, good and evil, be your undoing. The King realized he wassn't breathing and gasped for air becoming minful of his surroundings once again......... (to be continued in the rest of the book)


© Copyright 2007 Tales From the Soul (vivid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327257-Sintorian-Wars-Intro-part-1