*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327695-The-Sintorian-Wars-chapter-5-unedited
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1327695
The Battle in the Woods. A match off between good and evil.
Chapter 5
Battle in the wood

The Covenant arose early to a cold morning, unusually cold. As they all sat to breakfast Fraytic stood. "Last night a terrible thing happened... somthing that shouldn't have happened for a thousand years. My friends... The Dark Lord has returned." The Silence was so that even the birds in the distance became quiet in fear and remorse. In the quiet came the voice of the wise old elf, "Their is hope. His army was not given enough time to make it through the portal after him so only he stands against us for now. He is now in the Golden City of Reign's fathers." Reign's fists clinched as he thought of the castle in his vision. He couldn't help notice that a chuckle leaped from the mouth of Drayzar though. " HE MUST BE STOPED", shouted Fraytic falling back in his seat. Falcorn stood to aid him. Fraytic continued, "It is possible to stop him for he will still be weak. We have to retrieve the book of the apocolyps before He does. It is locked away in the ancient city of elves in the far east across the Mintorian Ocean in the land of Farindale and there we must travel. He will know also the book was his undoing and thus will also quest for it. There is a chance however that it no longer exists in that place. When I hid it away it was in the deepest dungeon but the city has rotted through the centuries and there is chance it to is lost in time. You must depart at this time for it is now a race and even a clue of where it is will be the victory or defeat!" At this the covenant rose and departed to gather their packs. Fraytic was far to old to ride and do battle but the others gathered the horses and saddled up for the long road. Before mounting Fraytic grasped Reign by the arm and commanded him back inside. Once there he was presented with the mithrale armour of Fraytic, for is need of it was no more. It was a Beautiful Blue and black combination that had been altered for reign through the night with one shoulder plate and fitted to fit under a black tunic with the silver sword of Noin embeded on the front and back. Also the gontlets were of the finest steel that shimmered as pure silver. He accepted the armour with great gratitude and the two departed never to meet again. As Reign sattled up Falcorn touched his shoulder with a sword. Reign turned in time to catch the blade at the handle. "She is yours my prince", declared Falcorn and a nod from all but Drayzar showed that they all felt the same. The group journeyed from the town and galloped through the day and into the night until they reached the edge of the Ancient Wood.
The Evil King sat on the ancient throne and sent for his servant. They spoke together of the book that sealed him away for a thousand years and the discovery of an heir to the throne of Noin. Relentless told of his scouting party that killed the Prince but there seemed to be a child as well whom survived. Once he was found, a band of forrest trolls was sent to destroy his home but his body was never found. though one troll thought he crushed him with his foot but trolls are dumb and mindless creatures who are unreliable in recounting a battle. Their was a large chance he was alive and by now attained the knowlege of his divine right. Draegor stood in a rage, "then he is no doubt looking for the book, find him and the book. Kill all who oppose you." the order was heard by all evil things and the message spread to all ends of the earth. By nightfall that day word reached the ears of the king of a small band of warriors camped along the ancient forrest with whom was a boy spoken to as Reign. His likness to the prince was chilling. The Dark Lord's only response was, "destroy them... Send the stone golems of the desert and lead them to victory Relentless my servant." with a bow Relentless vanished.
As dawn broke the covenant was awaken by the gentle light through the trees. They began packing camp for the forrest treck. as they galloped through the woods a sense of happiness filled the air as pixies and fairies fluttered by now and again. Deer pranced in the clearings and rabbits hopped to meet the strange travelers. By night they had reached the forest clearing and camped there. They shared tales of their lives and their pasts. Falcorn played a flute while Star danced to the beat. Reign was taken with her. Her beauty was unmatched by any he'd ever seen and her grace as a dancer nearly rivaled it. So elegant as she glided around the fire that even the blaze itself seemed to admire and bow to the better dancer. Later in the night only Reign sat awake gazing at the midnight moon. He felt a warmth as Drayzar came to sit with him. Oddly enoungh even at night's peek his face was still cloaked. They sat together for some time but never spoke a word. Before reign fell to sleep Drayzar turned to him, "You will not be the one to kill his majesty.
They awoke early the next morning in hopes of a good start. they wished to make it half way through the clearing by the afternoon. As they packed their things Star showed the look of worry in her face. Reign asked what was troubling her angelic face. She blushed a bit then seriously looked him in the eye. "The earth trembles as somthing aproaches." though what she couldn't tell. With this the group mounted a made for a double pace. During the day Reign wispered across to Falcorn about Drayzar's comment. Falcorn turned to Reign and told him Drayzar's tale; that he used to serve under the dark king. He had been his personal servant. Come some point in time Drayzar refused an order for reasons none knew and was to be executed. "Simply, he escaped from the King's hunters then reappeared to join us a thousand years later." Falcorn continued to say only, not cross him for he has no concern for human life. If you get in the way of his quest he might kill you but non-the-less his magic is unmatched.
Around the twelth hour of the day they stopped to take a rest. They dismounted and stretched their legs. Within thirty minutes the ground began to quake violently. grunts and houls could be heard in the wood as something approached with great force. The entirty of the covenant unsheathed their weapons and armed their arrows against the coming threat. Reign attention was turned to Star as her snow whit hair turned pink and seemed to burn. Her eyes glowed with such radiance that it almost blinded him. He noticed then that Drayzar had uncloaked himself for the first time. His head was white and his hair short and spiked but glowed green as the grassy valley they now stood upon. He was over a thousand years old but looked no older then thirty years. Fire erupted from his palms and he began to glow with an evil essence. Reign drew his sword and turned to the forest line where 200 golems were marching towards them. Battle followed. across the field Drayzar launched firey spheres of hell upon the golems. Star beat the earth into pieces with her power over the elements. Many died in the attack but some of the golems made it through the bombardment and drew their clubs against the covenant, a sheild of green surrounded Drayzar and the elven warrior, Talon as he was called. The rest rushed into battle swords drawn many golems fell by the blades of reign and Falcorn. The blinding speed of Star with her twin daggers confused the enemys that she engaged. Her battle style was as graceful as her dancing. Arrows rained all around from behind the shield of magic while fire continued to scorch the enemy lines. All around the warriors, fire fell showing the desire of Drayzar to conquer over protecting his commrades, if he even considered them so. The battle continued until there were but a few golems fleeing back into the woods. The Covenant drew long breathes but it wasn't to last as screeching sounds from the northeast echoed through the woods and birds fled from the trees. The screeches got louder and louder while flashes of light lickered over the tree lines. "Dragons!" cried Talon. It was then that three Dragons soared over the trees breathing fire upon the battle field. Upon the middle dragon rode Relentless in all dark armor and fury. Arrows did nothing to pierce the thick hides of the dragons. and they flew too high to attack with swords. From across the field Drayzar's laugh could be heard as dark magic surrounded him he rose from the ground on a cloud of magic to meet the enemy in the sky. One of the Dragons turned to face him breathing its inferno upon Drayzar but was repeled by his blue flame. In the sky the two stood off flame meeting flame. It didn't take but a minute for the blue ember to consume the dragon. The evil beast plumeted to the earth with a crash. Suddenly the skies darkened and the wind picked up as Star stood in a stance of concentration her hair wildly wiping about and her eyes fully in glow. lightning bolts crashed into the sky striking the other dragon over and over until it too fell to earth. It was then that in the stormy sky Drayzar and Relentless met in battle. Spell after spell and flame to flame they fought. Dark magic seeking to devour dark magic in a battle, still to this day read of. Flashes of hell lit the sky and explosion of magic meeting one another shook the very foundations of time. Finally the dragon found its wing damaged and falling to the ground. As the beast crashed it let out a mighty screech. From the corpse arose Relentless weilding a sword of black magic. He rushed at Reign and was thrown to the ground by the swing of Falcorn's blade. As he lie there all the grass around him died and the soil became scorched burnt. With a mighty howl he laughed and vanished into the earth with only a finger towards Reign and a whisper in the wind..." Your father begged like a dog for his life." The clouds parted as Stars appearance once again became timmid and harmless. Drayzar aproached the crowd saying only to mount the horses for they will return in greater numbers. They rode for several days without rest till exaustion had taken them all so they stopped to rest for the first time. They had traveled through the clearing and back into the woods and now camped at the foot of the Foundation River and the border into Mintoria.
© Copyright 2007 Tales From the Soul (vivid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327695-The-Sintorian-Wars-chapter-5-unedited