*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327691-The-Sintorian-Wars-chapter-4-unedited
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1327691
Chapter 4 in my epic, The Sintorian Wars. This is where it begins to get very good.
Chapter 4
A Covenant and a Return

Many days it took to reach Balwin. They traveled west to the River Foundation. Dreged the rapids and crossed the borders into Evertin. From there they traveled through the vast leagues of hills till they came the border of the Endless Desert. From there they headed south. The entire time through the journey Reign never laid eyes on Drayzar. Never was his face uncloaked and never was the question raised as to why. They reached the town of Balwin and entered the gates. it was oddly quiet and lonely. the people seemed to vanish as the three travelers passed through the streets. as the came to the back wall of the village a sigh of relief escaped Falcorn. "We've arrived at the covenant." Reign looked around but saw no houses or buildings...just a wall. He wanted to ask but felt it needless as Drayzar raised his hand and pointed to the wall. his hand was white as snow and his nails green as a fresh limes. It then came to Reign's mind that this was a shade...but shades where known to be evil creatures of dark magic. Reign drew his sword and placed it at the throat of the shade. Drayzar began to chuckle and muttered out a spell. The sword began to wable then melted away. " If you do not trust me then you may go young prince. but I assure you I am not of my kind." He again looked toward the door and wispered to the walls and a door faded into existance. It opened and they passed through to a large room with a table in the middle. Falcorn whistled and the sound echoed throughout the place. Blue fire shot up from the floor by the table and in a dazzling swirl a beautiful woman appeared. Her hair was white and her eyes pink. Her skin was smooth as river stone and her beauty made jealous the sun. Next an elf came from the left door. His Black hair to his shoulders and his tunic of green and his bow shouldered. A magnificant weapon beautifully carved and painted purple and gold. His eyes were of piercing green and his wisdom shown many adventures and battles. The last was an elderly man of whom Reign noticed before he even rose his head. Purple robes, mithrale armor, gold gonlets but so much older. He had been sitting in the corner so still that he went unnoticed until he sat up. "You have finally come," said the old man. "We have waited a long time for you Prince Reign. I am Fraytic, long servant of the rulers of Noin. Since your father's passing you are all that succeeds the royal name and thus the only one who can defeat the Evil King. The followers of evil are looking to unravel all that the Noinians achieved so long ago. They are responsible for your father's death and your God Father's. You are lucky to have escaped the destruction of Sipore` for it was you they sought and now they seek to undo the very seal that binds the Dark King to Hades. If we do not act soon...He will return and man is not strong enough to defeat him. The covenant is now complete with the prince riding along side us. We must venture far to the land of Noin where the great battle was fought so long ago. Where now the armies of evil gather against us in hopes of realesing their King of Darkness, Draegor." That night Reign stood over the balcony alone in thought when the young woman came beside him. "I am Star the Earth Elemental. You look as though you need company." They stood and talked for some time but as they talked evil was brewing to the far North East.
In the ancient land of Noin on a certain plain of ancient times. Vines and bushes grew through the moutain pass a beautiful valley in the moutains. In the center of the valley was an ancient shrine with a sword wedged into stone, a sword which no evil can touch. The land seemed to glow with magic in the moonlight but tonight it glowed in a different manner. Sparks and lightning bolted through the cliffs and focused on a central point. over and over till a small hole in the cliffs appeared with the red glow of fire. A glimps in side shown Hell in all its fury and a battle hundereds of years old still being fought. inside sintorian and man clash weapons and fling arrows. thousands fall and then reborn as though death had never found them. In the heat of the battle was the evil Draegor and the brave King Michael fighting so bitterly that even the demons of hell fled. Clash after clash, stab after stab they fought neither one falling to the other for a thousand years they had fought till now in that hell of a place a cool breeze swept through, somthing not felt for a millinium. A beam of moonlight fought its way through the molten red air and caught the attention of all in that place. With a mighty thrust that shook the very foundation of Hell Draegor galloped for the exit and leaped through as the portal closed locking all others inside. Oddly Draegor wasn't alone...Creatures of darkness of all kinds came down into the valley and surrounded him saying "Hail the dark lord's return." the shouts ecoed through the moutains and all creatures of evil began to travel north east. A voice from the back crackeled "master it is I Relentless, one who serves only his dark majesty." a cloaked figure in robes of black and chains of steel with hands of bone and the body of pure dark magic. As Fraytic served Michael, Relentless serves Draegor but unlike elves, pure manifestations of dark magic never grow old. His power could only be rivaled by another source of dark magic. As the army fill the vastness of the valley, Drageor troted to the center where the sword lie in stone. He attempted to kick the blade but was repeled by it. He demanded a weapon suited for his highness and a sword of black steel, cursed by the God of War was laid at his feet by a twisted moutain dwarf. He clutched the blade and gave a cry to signal the army to move to the golden city. As the scores of evil filtered out through the pass Draegor stood firm his eyes set on the sword that knocked him to the earth. He turned and galloped through the pass he marched his army through a thousand years ago. He marched his army into the Golden City that was once the capitol of Noin and started to rebuild it as his new nation from which he would free his army and lay waste to the human world.
© Copyright 2007 Tales From the Soul (vivid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327691-The-Sintorian-Wars-chapter-4-unedited