*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329914-In-Her-Eyes--Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1329914
Do you believe in love at first sight? Neither did he...
Prologue

The little boy was the light of her life. The black mop of curls that covered his head, the bright blue eyes that held a knowledge that no child of 10 should hold, the strength of his face; oh how she loved her little dark angel!

"But how grandma? How will I know?" Those bright inquisitive eyes were just begging to understand.

She smiled a knowing smile, and squeezed Aiden in a big bear hug, "Honey, life won't just give it to you. It's a feeling, like the feeling you get when you eat my apple pie. You get all nice and warm and happy inside. Well, when you find the one girl that is truly meant to be your girlfriend, when you look deep into her eyes, you'll get that same warm and happy feeling, and you'll know."

"Like when I play the stare contest at the dinner table with grandpa and I know I'm 'bout to win?" Aiden asked. He really had thought Sammy was going to be his girlfriend forever, but now she liked Thomas, some stupid boy she met at her stupid summer camp. She had told Aiden that she and Thomas were going to get married and have lots of kids... Well she can have her zillion million kids with the booger eater, he was not going to share his swimming hole with her anymore! Aiden smiled, yep, she could just beg and cry all she wanted, he was not sharing his swimming hole with her any more.

"Yes Aiden," Grandma replied with a smile, just seeing the wheels turning in his little head. "Just like when you play your staring contest with grandpa. Everyone in our family has been able to see and know, and one day you will too..."

Chapter 1

The lights were low, creating a feeling of intimacy that rolls over your skin, begging you to come and play in its shadows. The music was pulsing through the club, through the bodies who moved to its call. Everyone seemed to be listening to the quiet call and enjoying themselves. "And that is always good for business," thought Michael as he looked out over the crowd from the observation room on the second floor. It had always been his dream to open a night club, and now, after five years of setbacks, heartaches, blisters, splinters and eating pork and beans for a year, he was finally able to see and feel that dream roll around him. Confident in the club's future, he scanned the crowd again, and had to pause at something that did not bode well with him...

Insufferable! Arrogant!! Jack Rabbit!! And those were the worst insults Marianne could come up with without reaching back into her old school language. Sitting in a swivel stool that was meant to be comforting and relaxing all Marianne could do was sit there with her legs crossed and the right leg swinging to a tempo only she could hear. Her arms were crossed tightly, as if she were hugging herself. Her face was set in a way that could only be described as fuming. Some passerby's even thought they could see smoke curling out of her ears. Marianne was so absorbed in thinking of ways to dismember her current ex-boyfriend without getting arrested, that she never saw the elegant man who approached her until he touched her elbow. Why do people insist on sneaking up on you? His mistake!

Michael tried to approach the lady with caution. He had seen that look on many a female in the 3 years Impulses had been opened, and it never led to a happily-ever-after evening. In fact, it usually ended with cops everywhere, broken merchandise, and lost alcohol sales because he had to buy free drinks for the remainder of the night. Nope, never a good thing when a lady looked like she could spit nails. On his way down from the the observation room he had alerted his business partner and head of security, Aiden, to the situation, and when Michael approched the lady he made sure Aiden was on his way before he made his presence known to her. Good thing.

Now, one thing you never did to Marianne was sneak up on her, she was always one to spook easily, and faint often. When the elegant man touched her elbow, her first instinct was to scream, the second to faint. Michael never saw it coming.

"Aaaah! WHAT THE FU...AAAAH!" Muffled Michael as the lady jerked her head backward in surprise, connecting with his nose. He tried to cover it with his hands to prevent the sudden spurting of blood from getting onto his new silk shirt. At the same time Marianne was grabbing the back of her head, "Ow! Ow! Ow!" just kept repeating in her head as she rocked back and forth. "Why does this always happen to me?" She asked herself as the blackness descended in her head quickly. She had passed out often and it was never a good feeling. She knew this was not going to be a pleasant experience, and tried her best to fight that blackness. As the lights started to dim and she started swaying, Marianne looked up into the face of a man that was actually very scary looking, but the arms that caught her made her feel safer than she had felt in a really long time...





© Copyright 2007 Elyze Hall (cehall3boys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329914-In-Her-Eyes--Chapter-1