*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1330388-In-Her-Eyes---Chapter-1-cont
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1330388
Do you believe in love at first sight? Neither did he...
Chapter 1 (cont.)

Aiden could not believe his luck. He shook his head in disgust. Michael's nose was bleeding like a geyser, and the Ice Princess had passed out cold, barely giving him time to stop her from plowing into the floor and making an even greater spectacle of herself. Could this night get any worse? Aiden carried the lady,who he had deemed the Ice Princess earlier in the evening, up the stairs to the observation room. Michael followed him up saying every swear word he could think of, in three different languages, madder 'en hell, and letting anyone withing hearing range know how he felt. Aiden just rolled his eyes as they walked into the room.
He placed the Ice Princess on the couch. He was fairly certain she would be OK for a few minutes, right now he needed to take care of Michael before he passed out when he saw the blood all over his brand new silk shirt. Aiden smiled, he had told Michael not to waste that kind of money on the fancy clothes, they never last.
"Man! Where did that blasted bulldozer come from? I think she broke my friggin' nose!!" Michael was calming down... a little. He hurt, but the pain brought back some high school memories of fights he and Aiden had been in, and he couldn't help but smile just a touch, even though that hurt too.
"Aiden, man, just give it to me straight. Don't sugar coat it." Holding his hands out, and with his head tilted back, "How bad is it? Is the shirt completely ruined?"
"Bro, you just made that lady over there pass out and all you can think about is your shirt? Show a little class man, she might sue you for making her pass out and all you can think about is that ridiculous pansy of a shirt? Don't make me tell you 'I told you so'." Aiden, knowing that Michael would survive yet another busted nose, turned his attention to the Ice Princess.
She was actually pretty now that he could get a decent look at her. Round face and eyes, tiny nose that was slightly upturned, and generous mouth. Her hair was reddish brown and had started falling free of her hair clip draping around her face in soft curls that were fairly long. He caught himself wondering just how far down her back her hair fell. Then he proceeded to give himself a mental kick in the rear. After the way she had acted throughout the night, you could probably cut yourself on that hair, she was just that cold. He took a deep breath, got a cool towel, and started to gently wipe her face hoping she would wake up soon; he really didn't want to baby sit tonight.


Marianne was fighting to get out of the fog that had set up camp in her brain, but it felt like a losing fight. A cool sensation started making its way through the darkness, along with a gentle voice, so soft and deep. The voice was urging her to wake up, "Come on, let's see what color eyes go with this face. I bet they're brown, like your hair. Come on lady, wake up for me before Michael faints from fear of being sued." The voice started to fade. Sue? Where was she? Who was wiping her face? Couldn't be Christopher, he was never this nice. He would be shaking her until she opened her eyes, asking her why she would dare pass out on him and make him have to take care of her. No, this was definitely not Christopher. She liked this voice. She didn't want to wake up if it meant listening to the voice and never having to see that ignorant ex of hers ever again. Could that even be possible?
Aiden felt the change in her breathing. Good, she was trying to wake up. He knew Michael had a hard head, he had even been the recipient of some stars himself over the years when they would spar, but she should be coming around by now. His face showed his concern. He leaned over the Ice Princess to see if anything else had been hurt. He had just reached his right hand around to feel the back of her head, his left hand holding the towel to her face, when the door opened to his next-in-line of security, Dave. Storming in right behind Dave was the jerk that had come in that night shortly behind the Ice Princess.
"What the hell do you think you're doing!? Get your paws off my woman before I bust you in your face!" The Jerk came in yelling at the top of his lungs, waving his hands to make his threat seem scarier; as if anyone could intimidate Aiden.
Aiden just looked at the guy. He had noticed him when he first came into the club earlier tonight. He was not a bad looking man, but there was a mean look to him that Aiden read with an accuracy that would be scary to anyone who didn't know him. That's what made him so good at his job. He had a sixth sense about people that was always dead on.

Aiden glanced at Michael, who was still cleaning up from the blood, having effectively stopped the flow. Michael looked back, holding his hands up, with a look that said, "Oh no man! This nut job is yours!", and turned back into the bathroom. Aiden closed his eyes, ignoring the Jerk while he continued to feel around the back of the Ice Princess's head.
Christopher was not used ot being ignored so easily, as if he mattered even less than a fly on the wall. He was infuriated! No one treated him that way, especially not a flunky bouncer who was trying to feel up his girl. Seeing red, he advanced toward the bouncer with every intent of removing his hands from Marianne anyway he could; he would take care of her later.
Aiden felt the air in the room shift. He knew the dude was pissed, but he really couldn't understand why, he was just trying to help. He knew Dave would have informed the man of what had happened, so what was his deal? Not feeling anything else on the Ice Princess's head other than the bump that he was fairly certain came from Michael, he removed his hands, and stood up just as the man took a swing. 'There's always some idiot', thought Aiden.
Christopher missed as Aiden came to his complete height, just over 6' 6", easily dwarfing the Jerk, and caught the mans fist, completely surrounding it in his hand. He looked him square in the eye, applied some pressure to the fist until the Jerk flinched and looked away. Round 1 to Aiden.
"Look man, I was just upset when they told me Marianne had been hurt. Sorry, I just freaked." Christopher knew when to back down, and he knew when to get even. He sneered the apology at the giant bouncer. He had miscalculated the giant buffoon; that would not be a mistake he would make again.
Aiden looked at the man like he was bored. This guy was a real piece of work; he and the Ice Princess deserved each other.
"She should be OK, she just passed out when she butted heads with Michael. She looked like she was trying to wake up a minute ago. If you would like, I could call an ambulance for her if she doesn't wake up soon." Aiden tried to hand the cloth to the Jerk, thinking he would like to take care of "his woman". The guy just looked at it like it was a snake about to bite him. Very interesting, thought Aiden.
Christopher was not one to get his hands dirty with menial labor. He would just go get his car and take Marianne back to his place. She would wake up, and when she did, he did not want a hospital interfering with his questioning her about how she managed to get so close that she butted heads with the owner. She would pay for ruining his night.
"Look, don't worry about an ambulance, I'll just take her to the hospital myself if she doesn't wake up. It'll be quicker than waiting on an ambulance; in fact, I'll go get my car right now." Turning, he took a last quick look at Marianne. Her shirt had fallen off her shoulder, giving the bouncer, and anyone else around, a clear view of her shoulder and bra strap. How DARE she expose herself that way! You just couldn't change a slut. But he wanted her, and he would do whatever it took to change her.
Aiden watched the Jerk leave. He had caught the end of his look at the Ice Princess. He could have sworn that there was anger in his eyes, but that didn't make sense. Nothing about this night was making sense. Shaking his head, he dampened the cloth again and went back to trying to wake Marianne, nice name, but he definitely liked Ice Princess much better.

© Copyright 2007 Elyze Hall (cehall3boys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1330388-In-Her-Eyes---Chapter-1-cont