*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1330742-Lama-Group-Celebrates-10th-Anniversary
Rated: · Other · Other · #1330742
Lama's 10th Anniversary
Lama Group Celebrates 10th Anniversary
Extravaganza at Movenpick Ballroom ushers in a new leaf for the leading tour operator

Lama Group celebrated its 10th Anniversary. To commemorate this achievement, Lama held a cocktail-dinner party at the MovenPick Hotel, Oud Metha Ballroom last May 31st 2007 to demonstrate the significant strides that the company has achieved in the past 10 years.

The event started with a warm traditional welcome. It was a glamorous moment, camels, fire eaters, Lama 4x4's on the pavement and astonishing group of local men dressed in traditional wear to welcome the crowd. It was a welcome not to be missed. Beautiful usherettes meet and greet guests along the way to the foyer area where Lama's Managing Director, Kulwant Singh and the rest of the management team received them for cocktails while waiting for the big surprise… or in other words, waiting for the doors to open for the BIG event.

With the impressive way of welcoming guests, the ballroom door opened at sharp 9pm with the strident Arabic music. Ten (10) gorgeous belly dancers on ledge and all around the ballroom area as guests approach their seats.

Suddenly, the music goes off as Mr. Kulwant Singh made his welcome speech in brief, but significant impact to the Tourism Industry. His main focus was on extending his gratitude to everyone who has been a part of Lama's growth for the past 10 years, stressing that this achievement geared everyone in the company to a more challenging role in the coming years. He emphasized in thanking all department of the government for their kind support.
As part of the celebration, Lama presented captivating production numbers from the employees of different department, such as; Administration and Accounts Department, Hotels and Inbound Department, Holidays and Sales & Marketing Department and Excursion & City Tours Department represented by the reservations team and Safari drivers who won the best performance award. Some of the VIP guests from the Ports and Customs, and the Department of Tourism judged the exciting inter-department dance competition, where Mr. Kulwant gave cash prizes to all the participants.

The celebration highlighted the awarding of employees based on the number of years with the company. Cash prizes and gifts were given away as an incentive while 7 among 130 employees of Lama were awarded as “Best Employees of the Year”, who got additional gift packs and overnight stay in some prestigious hotels in Dubai.
The celebration highlighted the awarding of employees based on the number of years with the company. Cash prizes and gifts were given away as an incentive while 7 among 130 employees of Lama were awarded as “Best Employees of the Year”, who got additional gift packs and overnight stay in some prestigious hotels in Dubai.

As token of appreciation and a souvenir of the event, every guest were given away a gift pack containing box of chocolates, novelty item and Lama's 10th Anniversary brochure which states the brief history of the group.

Considering the combined effort extended by the whole team, Lama's 10th Anniversary Celebration was indeed a great success.

© Copyright 2007 Juan Mohammed (rexc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1330742-Lama-Group-Celebrates-10th-Anniversary