*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331006-Unknown
by Elvia
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1331006
Follows a Princess and her unfortunate marriage...
I tucked the tan strands of hair back behind my ear and looked down at myself before flatting out the creases in my dress. I sighed and looked back into the mirror, frowning at my unfortunate situation. The ivory dress fit perfectly and flowed gracefully around my feet. My hair was swept back, except for the curls that framed my pale face. I took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds as an attempt to clear my cluttered mind.

"Isabelle!" my little sister called which was quickly followed by a agsp as she stood in my doorway. I turned to see her in a beautiful lilac dress, and her hair pulled back into a little bun. I could not help but smile as I took in her awed expression.

"Katya, are you ready?" I asked, although I already knew the answer.

"I can't wait!" she squealed before running toward me and wrapping her small arms around my waist. I patted her back and placed my other hand under her chin to draw her eyes up to look at me.

"You look lovely, I could not have chosen a better flower girl" I said with complete sincerity. I kept my other thoughts of marriage in my own mind, not wishing to thrust my true emotions upon my innocent little sister. She grinned up at me and replied:

"And you look very pretty too! I wish I could be as pretty as you!"

"Aw thanks, Katya! Now, I think we ought to go downstairs, what do you think?"

She nodded eagerly, and we headed down the elegant white marble steps and onto the blood red carpeting.
© Copyright 2007 Elvia (lannas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331006-Unknown