*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1332018-geeks-in-love-D
Rated: E · Chapter · Relationship · #1332018
i'm writing this story for my baby sisterrrr
She couldn’t really believe her eyes when she saw the several bouquets of roses on her front step. Well, maybe she could; she was used to random guys leaving stuff. It was more the card which held the name of who the flowers were to surprised her. The name Rebecca, written in thick black ink, stood out on the white envelope attached to the vase.
         So at first, she gasped slightly, and then looked again, to see if it had been a trick of the light. It wasn’t. The red of the roses shone dramatically from the light from the sun, reflecting off of the glass of her front door. She almost didn’t notice that her mother had suddenly appeared behind her, and looking at the flowers. She was almost as stunned as her daughter had been.
         Instinctively, Celeste, Rebecca’s mother, picked up the vase and carried it into the house, then to the kitchen, while Rebecca followed in a daze. Half of her craved to reach for the vase of roses and dunk them in the trash. She knew exactly who had sent them, and that didn’t make her at all happy. Yet, they were the first flowers she’d ever received from anyone, so she didn’t have the heart to throw them out, no matter who it was that sent them.
         Celeste noticed the dark glimmer in her daughter’s eyes, and instinctively shied away from Rebecca and tip-toed out of the kitchen, leaving her alone with her thoughts, and the roses. The perfect red roses, in the shiny crystal vase, from the perfect boy who had just hours before made her feel like crap. He had made her skip her art class because she was in the downstairs girls’ bathroom crying her eyes out. And yet he was still perfect in her eyes, after all of that.
         Rebecca picked up the card addressed to her. She was completely certain it was from him. Resisting the urge to chuck it in the trash, she opened it carefully. She half expected the card to tell her he’d doused the roses with a poisonous gas, causing her and her mother to pass out and die within minutes. Of course she was wrong in thinking this, but from everything that had happened earlier that day, it was possible, she supposed.
         The paper was just regular note book paper, torn out of a notebook probably used for one of his class’ notes. His hand writing was neat and readable, unlike most of the other boys’ handwriting she new.
         I’m sorry for being a jackass on your last day at our school. I’ll really miss you. I had a great time being your friend, and a seriously hope we’ll be able to hang out after you leave. Stay strong, where ever you end up.
Your best friend for always, (I hope)
Lex.
         It was nice to see that he cares that he had hurt her. But she still wasn’t even that sure why she had broken down to tears in the first place. What had happened wasn’t even a big deal, and she was surprised that anyone had even noticed that she was crying. And even if they had, she’d thought they’d just assume it was because this was the last day ever she’d be in this town. She and her mom were moving 6 hours away from the suburban area around Boston, to the middle of nowhere, of course she wouldn’t be too happy. No one would ever think it would be the fault of her best friend since day one that’d made her cry.
         Rebecca collapsed to the floor, laying on the rug, fetal position style, and burst into tears again. Celeste heard her daughter’s sobs from the other room, and refrained herself from walking in and telling her it was time to go.
         There was kind of a pattern going on with all the moving. Every six months or so, Celeste would re-realize that all men are dicks, pack up everything, and move to a different area, forgetting everything, and falling in love all over again. Rebecca had actually promised herself not to follow in her mother’s footsteps. She’d promised herself over and over that she’d never fall in love, that she’d never give someone the chance to hurt her like that. But that didn’t take away from that she’d loved Lex like he were a brother, and couldn’t really imagine life with him being there.
         Eventually, Rebecca’s mom couldn’t wait any longer; the apartment they were to move into was calling. She slept the entire way there, and stumbled up to her new room, and just collapsed, falling asleep instantly. This was the first time she’d been to the new apartment, but didn’t really see any of her surroundings. This was not a good first impression of her new home; stumbling to find her room in the dark when she’s in a deep state of depression. But what ever. Tomorrow is Saturday, a reason to sleep in and not care.
© Copyright 2007 Jazlyn Lacey (jazyln-sissy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1332018-geeks-in-love-D