*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1334894-From-the-inside-out
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Drama · #1334894
A young man faces a difficult time in his life.
A certain wasp reproduces by laying its eggs in a tarantula’s body. When the eggs hatch, the larva devour and kill the spider. I think that’s fucked up.
It’s how I feel right now. Eggs have been laid in me, abandoned by their parent, and now, they’re hatching and taking over my body. It feels fucked up. I feel fucked up.
“Please tell me you’re alright. At least tell me there’s something I can do to make you feel better.” I look up at her, hovering over me. She’s beautiful. She must be the world’s greatest person, but she’s too damn oblivious to it.
“I’m just really pissed off right now. I don’t want to talk about it.” She brushes her hair behind her ear. She’s been avoiding me lately. I hate her for it. She’s fucked up, like me, but I can’t do anything for her. She can’t do anything for herself.
“Try to have a good one.” She straightened up, fixing her hair again, always worrying about whether or not she’s attractive. I wish I could tell her what I really think about her.
“I love you.” The words slip out. I mean them, but I don’t mean to say them now. “I don’t know why your life feels like it does—but I still love you. I don’t know why everything between us is so screwed up. I feel like it’s my fault. I don’t do anything for you except tell you that I love you and let you do with it what you want.” She’s speechless, staring down at me. I shift in my chair, too nervous and afraid to say anything else.
“Oh.”
That’s all she has to say. That’s the last thing she ever said to me. She walks away. I have a feeling she won’t be back.
I’ve only known her for a month, and already, she’s devouring me from the inside out.
© Copyright 2007 A.M. Anwiler (ms_hijikata at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1334894-From-the-inside-out