*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335528-I-dream-of-another-life-in-the-world-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1335528
Sister wrote it ^_^
That became my favorite show.
But bad news came. My grandfather had just passed away. Everyone was heartbroken. I however showed no sympathy. I didn't care. I hated him.
So my family went to a funeral type of thing. What did I do? I played with my cell phone boredly as my female relatives cried. I laughed at speeches. That's right I did.
The after party was better. My mom was out with people. So was my dad. I went over to the firehall with my aunt and uncle. I pulled out my cell phone. My aunt snatched it.
"No Elizabeth you are not calling your mom!!!" she said in a tone I couldn't identify. So I went and socialized. Everyone noted on how tall I was. 5'2. At that time, I loved my life. There was nothing I wanted to change.
That event long passed. Nothing stays perfect always and the happy can turn to sad in an instant and the sad can turn happy. Life's like a road and you have to take the right lane. If you take the wrong one, you may miss a chance to make a right. That's the mistake I made later here.
October was a "falling" month as it brushed in. First, I began watching the Drew Carey Show. When I thought it would make me happy, it didn't. It make me sad. It made me look back on what I've done to my school life. I ruined it. I mean not my grades, which were perfect. My friendships. Michelah moved away and I grew quieter. Then something else happened. I discovered I had a crush on Ryan Stiles. My obsession grew worse and worse each day. I couldn't take it. I sat in my closet and cried for hours. Nothing made me happy. I wanted to die. "I shouldn't live here, I have no reason. I'm just another human populating," I often thought. My math grade was slipping like wet soap on wet hands. Pretty soon that soap's going to slip out and you're not going to catch it. It's going to fall to the floor with a sound. Everything was annoying to me. I called Michelah and invited her over. Why did I? I hated her! When she came I cried and tried to stop the tears but they wouldn't stop. It was like a running waterfall. I hated myself. There was one thing left. Live and then die.
November came in cheerier though. Clint, the boy I sat next to in class, made me laugh.His jokes were funny. It made me happy. Was I totally "in love" with him? No, to be honest I didn't really like him. He was just funny. It kind of distracted me and made me laugh for no reason. I kept on watching Whose Line is it Anyway. Then I hated Darren. I just felt like I wanted to kill him. I felt like I was trapped in a glass box watching him be perfect. Life was down again. Just the look of him made the tears of anger start.
Then, inspired by Whose Line is it Anyway, I decided what I was going to be when I grew up. A comedian. I loved making people laugh. It was a hobby.
One day, I sat down watching Whose Line.
"I'm hoping since you show an intrest in this stuff as a kid, that one day you'll grow up and be a comedian and I'll get to watch you do this."
I turned around. It was my mom. That's right I did want to be a comedian. I was determined in everything that I would be someday and I'd make people laugh.
But I had no comedy clubs or TV shows. I had to make the most out of what I had. My mom owned a store up in the historical town in Pennsylvania and there I entertained. What I did was just be funny and mess around, dance around and wave in windows. Tons of laughs. Linda, the woman who worked there, loved it. I loved it! It made me a lot happier that I was doing this. But would that happy stay or would it turn into tears and breakdowns?
© Copyright 2007 My world (xxbeautifulxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335528-I-dream-of-another-life-in-the-world-2