*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338301-02-Rapist
by FDQ
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Adult · #1338301
At the policestation
Chapter 2: Rapist.
Jesse sat alone in a darkened room, his hands still cuffed behind his back. No one had told him yet what it was all about. All he knew was he had been arrested for no apparent reason. He couldn’t have done anything illegal. Anything at all!

“Fucking hell…” he whispered to himself as he let his head drop onto the wooden table. What was happening? It just couldn’t be true!

He was so caught up in his own thoughts he didn’t even hear the door open. He first noticed when he saw the thin line of light strike upon the floor. Quickly, he raised his head only able to see a shade in the dark.

The lights were flipped on, Jesse instinctively closing his eyes to adjust to the sudden light. When he reopened his eyes, he saw a police officer now sitting on a chair at the opposite end of the table. He saw a yellow folder on the table, obviously containing some paperwork of some sort.

Without any further hesitation, Jesse spoke, “Why am I here?”

The police officer only glanced at Jesse with a small smirk on his face. “You really need to ask that question?” He then opened the folder and threw a few pieces of paper on the table for Jesse to see.

“What is this?” he questioned as he examined the writings on the paper. It was an arrest order. He read a bit more of the paper. “That’s bullshit!” Jesse spat in anger as he realized what he had been arrested for.

The cop widened his grin as he began telling Jesse the whole story. “Last night a fourteen year-old girl came to the hospital. They contacted us not long after. Apparently she had been raped.”

Jesse was in despair, not believing what he was hearing. “I haven’t done anything!” he was desperately trying to make the cop believe him.

“The girl gave a description of the rapist. It matches you” the cop continued. Shaking his head, Jesse felt more and more lost. It just couldn’t be true! He was innocent, why did they think he could do something like that? “I can’t possibly be the only one who looks like the fucking rapist!”

The police officer then reached for his pocket and pulled out a little transparent evidence pocket. He threw the object on the table and asked whether or not the item was familiar to Jesse.

“That’s my lighter…”

“Oh, really? It was found at the crime scene”

No, it wasn’t right! It wasn’t possible! It couldn’t be possible!

The cop rose from his chair and headed towards the door. “Your attorney is here” he said before slamming the door behind him, the folder still lying on the table in front of Jesse.

The attorney finally arrived after what seemed like hours. He was allowed to have a conversation with Jesse to hear out his version of the situation. Meanwhile the cop went to inform Ryan about the situation. He had gone to support his friend, so he was waiting to be updated.

After several hours Jesse was finally released. They had been unable to find any valuable evidence. There had been no fingerprints at the crime scene. They hadn’t been able to find any of Jesse’s DNA, not at the crime scene nor under the victim’s fingernails or anything else. Neither had they been able to find any semen. Which lead to them having to let Jesse go due to lack of evidence. However, they would keep an eye on him as well as question the victim one more time.
© Copyright 2007 FDQ (fdq666roadie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338301-02-Rapist