*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1340607-The-Ambitious-Man
by smason
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1340607
Me ranting on again about the people not doing anything with their lives
The Ambitious Man

There are so many dreams in my head. Maybe too many for one person to achieve in a lifetime. Is it wishful thinking, or is it a glimpse into the future? Am I being over-ambitious by wanting to see both the transfixing lights of the Aurora Borealis, and the sun-kissed landscapes of the Australian outback? Or am I just realizing what my life is all about, and where my path is going to take me? I might be able to drive through Salinas Valley aswell as fly over the Grand Canyon. Why not? If I want to do it, I’ll do it and if I’m meant to do it, I’ll do it.

Life is different for everybody but there’s a path for every one of them to take. Somewhere along that path is a turning point where a person’s true identity becomes apparent to them, and if that person knows that this is who they are, they keep walking because they’re going the right way. If life gets tough, they keep walking because that’s their path. There’s no such thing as the end of the road. They keep going until they find themselves, no matter what. Everybody finds themselves. It might be a bit tougher for some, but everybody gets there.

I’ve been in a very grateful mood recently because I think that I’ve passed that point on my path. I think I’ve found who I want to be and I know what I want to do. And I feel lucky to have realized that. A lot of people on this planet don’t realize how lucky they are. They don’t realize what life is and what they are blessed with. A lot of these people will be on the way to finding themselves, but without even realising it. A lot of these people won’t even be trying to find themselves, couldn’t care one way or the other, and will end up stuck in the inevitable, unenviable small life that they seem ‘happy’ to lead. But are they really happy? The worst person of all is the pretender.

I don’t want to knock people who lead happy lives in what I would see as a ‘small-town life’, in fact, I’m happy that they are happy doing what they do because they are enjoying their own lives. If you’re happy on your path then you should count yourself lucky. But the people who pretend to have a good life, who pin a fake smile on their face everyday, who tell their friends they have an 80” Plasma tele in their bedroom but in reality, they don’t even own a TV, they are the people that I feel sorry for. The people who kid themselves into happiness. If you’re not happy, do something about it. You are not reaching your potential as a person in thinking this way. You will probably not live life to its full potential if you carry on doing that. Now I’m no shrink, although I’m probably acting like one here, but I just think that this is not the way a human being should lead a life. If you dream about having an 80” television, then work for one if that’s what makes you happy. People now have to work harder for their dreams, money has taken over everything (from the point of view of a twenty year old anyway…) but why should that stop you?

People have always had to work hard at achieving their dreams, but in the end it all comes down to you believing in yourself enough and you wanting to live in Canada so much that you would do anything to make it happen. It’s up to you to look at your life, realise your dreams and make them happen. There might come a time in your life when you need to sit back and think about who you really are, and if you’re pretending to be somebody else, then you’ve took a wrong turn somewhere. You need your own mind and your own dreams. They’re good for you.
© Copyright 2007 smason (scottm6129 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1340607-The-Ambitious-Man