*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1341275-Blue-Spirit-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1341275
Red X has a new assignment its going to get messy!
M87

The clatter of tapping on keys echoed around the apartment. Red was crouched on his four poster bed in his apartment. The only light in the room was a bright blue which came from his laptop screen. He hadn’t slept since yesterday. Bags stretched under his eyes. The bell rang in a nearby clock tower signalling midnight. Finally the message came. Black academy M87. That’s what the message was titled. Red did not know the men he worked for. Only visiting the academy once Red barely knew what he was doing. All he knew was of his powers and how just about every spirit worked. Hating what he actually did Red kept it secret and only did enough missions to fend for himself.
      A video box appeared on screen. A blurred picture of the academy leader appeared on screen. It was rumoured no one had ever seen his whole face. The man on screen wore a black cloak with a hood. All you could see of his face was a pointed chin and thin colourless lips. Sallow pale skin and two eyes blazing red from the shadows of the hood. Emblazoned upon the hood was the insignia of black academy. A silver Quattro decagram with small silver symbols below it. The room the man was in was simple. Orange bricks made up the wall behind him. The only window was tinted and barred. A dim pool of light came from a lamp above his head. The man sat at a table, metal pieces scattered across it. A long sword was an arms breadth away and the edge was strange at the middle bearing the same mark as did Red’s. The only other thing in the room was an old map.  IT was stained and ripped, but Red knew it was one of the most important possessions owned by black academy.
    “It’s good to see you again Red,” His voice was cold and sharp but it had a slightly hypnotic edge and was always the same. “I heard your last mission was successful and my men are already scouring the forests for the monk this man’s recruitment is crucial. Anyway back to current affairs. Your cheque should arrive soon and the attachment of this video will explain to you were to go. Your target is a nomad. He will be visiting the Inca temple of the rising sun at sunset. Make sure you are alone before you reveal yourself!” He made an emphasis on alone as on one of Red’s earlier missions he killed a man in broad daylight in front of a crowd of people it was a mistake he would never forget. “Black Academy is with you and remember beware of the fallen angel!” The man bowed his head and the image flickered and died. Quickly Red memorized the information before closing his laptop. Red leapt from the bed and changed into his black shirt and black track suit. Buckling his belt and grapping his twin swords Red busied himself at preparing for the job. The dim light from a street lamp out side flashed on the silver of the tabard he slipped on a pair of leather gloves and tied the laces on his trainers. Reaching for the door knob he remembered. Tracing the scar on his Face he remembered he needed his mask. As he tied the sash he saw his reflection of himself in the mirror. Was this really who he wanted to be maybe Steph and Rob was right? The emotions building up inside him made his powers break free and the mirror smashed. Red turned away and moved to the door.
   

Rob couldn’t sleep. A sound drilled his head and his throat as dry as a dessert. It felt as if there was a switch in his head which wouldn’t turn off. A tune droned from his radio in the corner of his room. Rob could never understand how he could control the elements like Red. He wasn’t a spirit or an angel his powers were impossible. It was almost like Red inspired him and he could only use it when he needed it. Thud! Thud! Thud! Something was hitting against the window. Leaping to the window Rob swept up his swords. Crash! A stone the size of Rob’s fist smashed through the window pane. A shower of glass rained into the room. Brushing the glass out of his hair Rob staggered forward and cautiously looked through the open window. Red beamed up at him.
    “What the hell!!!” Rob screamed. “Why did you do that Red? That was my window a second a go!”
    “Quit your yelling,” Red yelled back. “I’ll fix it now.” A bag of sand hung from his belt. Red ripped it open and used his power to float it in the air. Sending a jet of flame into the air the sand melted and turned into liquid glass. Manipulating the molten glass he shaped it into the window frame and blew an icy breath cooling the glass. Quickly Rob dressed and packed an assortment of swords and pistols before jumping out of the open window to join Red.
    “So were we going?” Rob asked puzzled.
    “To the temple of the rising sun” Red grinned.
© Copyright 2007 BlueSpirit (bluspirit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1341275-Blue-Spirit-Chapter-5