*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342264-Internal-Disruption-A-War-in-Me-C1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1342264
A ruler must find lost pieces of himself and destroy them
Internal Disruption (A War in Me)

The blow to the face hit with such impact that it sends my body spiraling to the ground. I tasted blood, as I tumbled to my feet two more blows followed quickly afterward. One to the jaw and one to the eye, I hate it when they hit they eye. Its such a sensitive area, I've had just about my fill of this. "Lay, I'm getting bored." I told my companion. Who this entire time had been siting atop a pile of wooden crates. "Bored?" said my enemy "Your on your knees! Your practically beggin for the Gredimule to take your place as Ruler!" The young excited Chinese man spoke up "Oh! Oh, do that thing where you make them go 'Gasp'!" This guy always manages to grin no matter the situation. I can't help but wonder but, whenever I have trouble like this I always wonder why no one ever seems to attack him. For another matter why does he never step in to help me? Then again, he might just get in the way.

The band of young men of various shapes, sizes, and races seemed intent on making this their attempt to rise in power. The Gredimule, identify themselves in bold colors on their silken shirts usually in purple and gold. They always wear gaudy trinkets of gold and silver on their fingers and necks. They pride themselves on such things, oddly enough they have been one of my most fearsome adversaries. Not this bunch, they were much weaker than the rest. I stood up and dusted off my faded black coat. "Lay" I called "Which one to exterminate them with?" He gazed up at the sky for a second. "Mmm...Gensige!"

At that the young man quietly tumbled backward behind the roughly piled of boxes of wood to take shelter. I maliciously grinned, "Now, you get to see the fate of those that raise their hands in ill will toward this city." The group begin to pull their own assortment of weapons. I bowed gracefully and told them "I will give you the first shot." The look of annoyance and frustration was written all over their once confident faces. A barrage of bullets headed my way, and with out willing to time began to slow. And I began my prayer...

"To each his own
Judge not from Malice
Judge not from Virtue
So to whom wields the stronger will
may its duress pay its due!"

--------
Lay
-------

I hid from behind the crates as the Ruler handed down his fate upon those who dare challenge him. I have associated myself with him as long as he has been around. I can sense his movements and his will. I can tell how much he enjoys to exhibit his power. Sadly, there is apart of him that regrets the outcome of his battles. This regret stunt his true strength. Being what I am to him I can only influence him so much. So for now I will watch and wait.

Just as he had finished his prayer the bullets all seemed to either hit their mark or miss narrowly. However, those that did indeed strike him...did no damage whatsoever. With puzzled looks on their faces the Gredimule raised their weapons again to fire. They move so slow when compared to the Ruler. He had already drawn that fearsome revolver of his, where he got it not even he knows. The handle and hammer are made of a superb silver, the black long barrel with an even darker streak that trailed from front to back, Gensige, it is a weapon longed for by many.

The leader of the group with the spiky black hair and short purple jacket was in shock. His arm had been broken, the heavy blow from the gun brought him to the ground. He accidentally fired a round and struck one of his companions in the ribs. The rest of the group turned to fire, and in an instant over half the group had been taken out by friendly fire. The Ruler had no longer stood in their aim. He stood next to another young man to the back of the group. With the weapon pointed a mere inch from his face, he wet himself as the heat of gun fire burned off a third of his face. But the shot didn't stop there, it went through one more head and a chest leaving holes the size of baseballs, until it finally hit a wall.

Eyes widened with absolute horror, the others froze. He said "Now, that you have seen my power you cannot be left to live." With that he rotated the cylinder twice, click...click. Only two clicks? I remembered that he keeps his bullets in a certain order. The more shots he has to take means the worse the situation. I have only seen him use a forth bullet once, I didn't need to see it again. I found the nearest window and threw myself through it. He turned and fired as I fell, I could feel that empty cold nothingness being cast so close to my body. The windows shattered, the sound of iron and wood bending, breaking and riping apart was all that could be heard. Even in the presence of night, the darkness pulled in all that stood in its path. All but the Ruler stood himself, as I hit the ground I noticed a hint of sadness as he turned to walk away.

-------
The Ruler
----------

I know Lay had gotten away, he always knows where not to be. The darkness swallowed everything and pulled the entire warehouse and its screaming victims into nothingness. As I walking away I heard a gasp. A survivor? I turned to see that the leader had made it out somehow. "Wha..what the hell are you?" he asked. I replied " I am the one who bears the burden as ruler." With that I turned my cylinder two clicks to the left and buried a bullet into his skull. Lay dusted himself off and began to run my way. "You okay boss?" he asked. The moon was full tonight, although there were few clouds it began to rain. Every time I got into a fight like this, it rains. Are the heavens weeping for my sins? "Alright! the dirty work is over! Lets go get some thing good to eat and get wasted! hmm...sssss. The S's sound good today, steak and Sssake! What do you think boss?"

Actually, that did sound pretty good, its been awhile since I had some good Sake. "Alright, call the car. And check in with Dieter." I told him. He nodded and took out his phone. I knelled down in the mud and waited on the wet ground and dazed off into the night. The sky has been grey for what it seemed like years, the city has come to rot. Not at all like things used to be, where there was some good parts and some bad parts. Now its just find a safe place, to sleep awhile, before it becomes horrible. I don't know what happened, I have been in office for so long. I have never seen things this bad, there is talk of a war within the city. The Holysent cannot prevail alone, and they wont! So long as I rule I will lend my power!
© Copyright 2007 Kodachii (kodachii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342264-Internal-Disruption-A-War-in-Me-C1