*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343708-Internal-Distruption-A-War-in-Me-C2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1343708
2nd short part, I hope to add more,
Internal Disruption

--------------
The Ruler
--------------

The Grey sky seemed further and more out of reach than it did before. Starring at it sometimes makes me feel dizzy, and I get a strange feeling. I don't know how to describe it...so I just say disconnected. When I feel this way, I stay indoors and hide from the world, however not today. I wondered off into the streets, I insisted Lay stay behind. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts. After an hours walk I came to a shadier side of town, I saw a woman in a pretty blue sun dress with a white bow around her waist running for her life. She screamed as she ran from an alleyway toward an abandoned building. Quickly following after her were those grotesque figures of what used to be people. The Desgrudged, part ethereal shadow and part mindless human, they usually appear at night time and can suck the very life from a person. Clearly distinguishable from a normal person, as they do not speak and their features are drained of all life. Their skin is dull Grey and hair charcoal black. They bring fear as they come due to they rarely make any noise at all. Sometimes their victims become a part of them, the others just die. People say if you stare into their eyes you instantly go mad. I've destroyed countless squads of them.

There are rumors that float around that they have motive for doing what they do. Some say they are controlled by a single entity that has an ulterior motive. As I drew my sword Losginess, I noticed she had a close resemblance to Eve, a woman I once deeply cared for. I called out to her "This way!" she looked shocked to see me, but ran to my direction. As soon as she passed me I quickly sank my sword in to the nearest enemy. Then the next one and the next one, they were nothing but empty shells of what they used to be. Then I heard a whimper, at the end of my weapon she stood, bleeding and clutching her wound. The beautiful sky blue dress she was turning dark red. I quickly withdrew and threw the blade to the ground and ran to catcher her in my arms "Why, didn't... you come for me?" she asked. Confused I asked "Wha? What do you mean, I thought I was helping! Somebody help!!"

"What did you do?!" asked a mailman. "You hurt that lady, I saw it." said a small child with a red ball. "Oh, my god, have turned on us?" asked a woman in a bath robe. "IS SOMEONE GOING TO HELP HER?!" I yelled "Its too late for her." said a priest in black. As I looked down the person I was holding had already decayed into a gray dry husk. Shocked I stood up and she rolled off my lap and collapsed into dust. There were lots of people in once nearly empty streets, hundreds of people. The were carrying guns, and knives, they frantically waived them in the air. "TRAITOR! TRAITOR! KILL THE RULER!!" And the priest stepped forward and pointed at me "You have been condemned, they think so as well." I realized he wasn't pointing at me, so I turned to look behind me. An army of the Desgrudged marched in and filled every other space that a citizen wasn't already standing in. I was completely surrounded buy hundreds and hundreds of people I sworn to protect and enemies I swore to destroy. They are rallying together to destroy me! I didn't deserve this! It wasn't my fault! I was trying to do what was right! Before I knew it I was screaming! I couldn't take it! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!

Gensige was in my hand already, it clicked four times. I was on the second to last bullet, I closed my eyes, clenched my teeth, and pulled the trigger. I felt cold, so so cold, I thought my skin would freeze and break off. I could feel it, a darkness so great it made a colossal beam of darkness that ruptured the dark sky so I could see the nothingness behind it. The frigid blast pulled in everything on its way, it extended all the way to the heavens. I heard screams of people and cries of children, the void spares no one. Dropping to my knees I began to uncontrollably sob, I wasn't sure of what it was I cried for. For a split second before the clouds began to come back I heard a voice, it was barely audible. "Co....bac.....me.......iss....you....pl.........." I looked up and the sky was normal again. Several buildings had most of their front end completely destroyed.

The place felt so empty, the only sound was the wind blowing. Had I banished everyone in the city? Distraught I slowly pulled myself to my feet, and tossed Gensige aside, it crashed as it it the ground. Apparently I struck a mirror that was on the ground. I took my shades to look at the shattered glass. I was staring back at me, the face in the mirror was grinning. My face was definitely not smiling, I leaned in closer. The face in the mirror did the same, its eyes glowed yellow, and its appeared to have fangs. Before I could even finish "What the hell?" It reached out and grabbed me by the throat. Its grip was incredibly strong! Without too much effort it pulled me completely into the broken mirror. When I awakened I was screaming uncontrollably.
© Copyright 2007 Kodachii (kodachii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343708-Internal-Distruption-A-War-in-Me-C2