*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342728-The-Meaningful-Light-of-Darknes
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #1342728
Many paths are riddled with darkness. It is one way I see my path.
The Meaningful Light of Darkness

The life that I am meaning to live is always around the corner waiting to appear.
Its elusive hands clung to the cornerstones hoping to pull its self in to view.
My minds eye continues frantically to survey the path that lies in front of me.
Hoping to catch a glimpse of what I truly wish to have.
As I continue to feel my way through the patchwork light in my way.
I grasp at shadows and bump in to objects not seen.
My soul looks for that shining beacon that guides wayward travelers.
I only find reflections of it through broken shards of glass lying on the path.
Even though it seems my life dwells in the ever growing dark shadows at times.
I find that even in the frustrations that occur often there is always a glimmer of light.
A growing force that may dim softly at times is always ever present inside.
It grows bright and dim depending on the battle of determination with in me.
My journey is far from over and sometimes it feels it has yet to truly begin.
I understand that there is no real easy path in life but I truly don’t want one.
I grow in both shadow and light and will find my meaning in life.
I just hope when I do it is something I can leave for my children to cherish.
I want them to always carry that light inside that my father and mother left me.
© Copyright 2007 Averam Brin (jerrico at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342728-The-Meaningful-Light-of-Darknes