*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343300-Battle-for-the-new-day
Rated: E · Poetry · Spiritual · #1343300
The battle for the new day is a poem about the motivation of how I visualize my thoughts.
The sounds of the night seep in to my thoughts.
They nibble at my subconscious slowly draining my disappointment.
The possibility of the next day brings hope and anticipation.
My mind racing toward  the transformation of the new day.

As the possibilities step forward and overlay the problematic past.
I realize that with out direction the day will unfold like those that came before.
My unfocused mind tries to slow down the tumbling avalanche of possibility.
In the hopes of creating a controlled success that will let me gain my goals.

The battle between unrivaled forces begins and my peaceful thoughts explode.
The emotions well up inside me as the hope internal spirals out of control.
I gather my courage and slow the perilous decent I have started.
Tugging at my inner thoughts so I can bring my self to a manageable speed.

The thoughts that had just been tumbling have come to a stop.
There images finally changing from a blur to clear recognition.
I manage to picture what I want and start to plan my attack of the new day.
The goals come into focus and I am now clear in what must be done.
© Copyright 2007 Averam Brin (jerrico at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343300-Battle-for-the-new-day