*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1346305-The-Catfish-start-draft-one
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #1346305
The Catfish is a surreal imaginary life story of a cat floating in a river.
The Catfish

(First Draft)

Gravity

Every story has a beginning even if that beginning is potentially an illusion; there is a necessity to start from somewhere. In the beginning there was only the sea, that’s at least what we can see, an endless sea of potentiality. The seas actions were dictated only by its self; you couldn’t ask or force the sea to do anything. Like a new born baby it acted without pursuing any goal, and astonishingly had no expectations of its actions what so ever. Free in the sense which we could never be.
The sea moved meaninglessly for an indeterminate length of time, but as time past the gravity of creation dawned upon reality. And the sea started creating in an ever accelerating rate, creation upon creation. The sea never asked anything from its creations, the seas nature was to only speak and never ask.
One day, somewhere, a phenomenon occurred, the waves of the sea started to interfere. One wave crashed into the other and where they would crash a pebble was created. Pebble upon pebble slowly rocks where formed, and waves crashed upon them and more rocks where created. And one day the pile of rocks reached a point where it could only be called an island, and island of ever increasing size. On this island rain fell and carved valleys and mountains and formed rivers, rivers which would themselves form an intricate network of flowing water on the island. As time past once again, the island increased in complexity and filled up with the potential to form and foster complex creations. And slowly more and more got created and pilled on top of each other.
After a long time the island started to create creatures which held within themselves there own potentials, and they increased in size and complexity as well. In till the point that evolution produced a unique creature which managed to conquer and control all that they could, which was a lot but not everything. These smart and ambitious creatures where called the cats. The cats started to understand and transform the island under the influence of there nature, in till the point where the cats grow so arrogant that they started thinking that the island was created specifically for them. As smart as the cats were, their ignorance made them arrogant and their pride made them blind.
One day as the sun rolled into the sky, a cat was born, a cat named Tom. Tom’s story is definitely an unusual one but Tom started like all other thing start, he started with no name. He was nothing, but with the potential to become something. So as for all other things, the big day came, the day which sparks that initial conditioning which influences the evolution of anything, and thus Tom started to go his way.
With the coming of the first light of that transcendent day, Tom formed his mind and the light entered. But you see Tom had no names for what the light spoke to him, no names for his reactions to them ether, the world made no sense. Though driven by that nameless necessity Tom undoubtedly started moving, with no conscious goal insight whatsoever, he was just fighting against that nameless nothing which he stringed from, just so he can become something.


With the help of gravity Tom raised to the reality of his river which would become his life. He struggled with passion against the strong icy currents so he can take those necessary first breaths of life. But Tom was hopeless because he didn’t know what to do with what he was felling. Suddenly, two paws gracefully grabbed him and pulled him from the cold water on to a raft. And he was held for the first time and felt the warmth around him. He met his guardians, which would help him in the beginning of his journey. And immediately he sensed the difference, inside him he saw time and in the outside world he saw space, he grasped the concept of change. So his mind started naming and understanding the world for the first time, and that was the point where Tom declared himself separate from the world. And this is how Tom started to go his way, just like everything else, from nothing he became something.
After that initial first waterfall of Toms River, the river calmed down and started to make its way thought a narrow misty valley, and the current gently pulled the raft with Tom and his guardians through the valley. That initial era of his way was effortless for Tom. What ever needs stringed up from his body his guardians took care of, the only thing Tom had to do was cry when ever he needed something. As the days past Tom gained in strength and in control over his body. Even his mind started gaining; he started understanding and thus asking about the world and that initial mist that lay in the valley started vanishing and giving way for the light to reveal the wonders of the world. And when the time came for Tom to start walking and talking his mind was already eager to learn, he was full of that beautiful curiosity of young age.
The time pasted and the raft was lead to new valleys, and Tom would come up with new question of what he saw and his guardians would give him answers, and life was pleasant. But one day, as Tom was sitting on the edge of the raft with his legs dipped into the river, he started noticing other rafts with other cats on them. And he asked his guardians: Are they other cats out there? And his guardians answered: Yes Tom, we are not alone, we share the rivers with others. Tom jumped from his sit and asked: Did you say there are rivers, more that one? Tom’s guardians laughed and said: Yes Tom, the world is a very big and complicated place, but don’t worry you going to get your chance to see a lot. Tom jumped from his sit once again and stud up and declared: I want to see everything! Tom’s guardians smiled and looked at him, perhaps nostalgically remembering how it was to be young and to want to know everything, how it felt to look at the world as a promising place.

To be continued.




© Copyright 2007 Catfish (catfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1346305-The-Catfish-start-draft-one