*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347624-A-long-and-dusty-road
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1347624
SHORT SHOTS ENTRY A man tells a story about why he's walking down a dusty road.
You're probably wondering what I'm doing walking down this road. Well it's a very long story. Seeing as how I don't have anything better to do and you seem bored, I'll tell you about it. It all started out when I decided to surprise my wife. I always worked so much we never saw each other. I'm a Lawyer and I work so many hours that I'd be surprised to find her awake. We had gotten married right out of college and we were deeply in love. It's been about eight years and we were still together. Until that horrible night.

I walked into the house and I heard some noises thinking that she has some friends over or something. As I walked towards the living room I saw a naked ass in the air and saw that it was our next door neighbor and he was getting it on with my wife. I screamed her name and she wound up pushing him off of her and on to the floor. I demanded to know how long it had been going on. I found out that she'd been cheating on me for over a year. A year mad I must've been an idiot to not have seen it. My heart was broken. I couldn't stay there anymore. I packed my things and left. She begged me to stay and I just couldn't no matter how much I loved her I just couldn't. I'm so happy that we never had kids because I would have stayed just for them. I told her she could keep the house and that we were going to get a divorce. I wanted nothing that reminded me of her. I wish I could have gotten rid of the memories as well.

I hope I haven't lost you yet. All those events happened about a month ago. Our divorce was quick and easy because I just didn't care anymore. I decided to go on a nice long road trip and see where the road would take me. It was fun at first. I made my way through Texas, Mexico and I went to Las Vegas. Let me just say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas or at least I hope it true. Okay back to the story. I wasn't sure where I was going after that, it was to dark for me to tell and by time it got morning I was lost. I was half asleep when it happened. A Buck hit my car. Yes you heard me right. He hit me. I was driving slow trying to look for a sign to tell me where I was and the next thing I knew it ran right into me. It ripped a hole in my tire and me being so wrapped up in my own feelings I forgot to buy a spare. All I could think was how could this happen to me. First my wife cheats on me, then that little discrepancy in Las Vegas and now I had a flat tire in the middle of no where. Of course I had to ask 'What in the world could go wrong next?' You remember me right the stupidest guy on the face of the earth. I got out the car and after I got a few miles it started to rain and not just a light rain, but a rain so hard it felt like someone was beating on my back.

So you see the last month of my life has been the worst ever. You think everything that has happened to you is bad. Try going through everything I've gone through and still be alive. Thanks for listening to my story I hope I didn't take to much of your time, but I got to get going. So here I am walking down the dusty road trying to find something. I'll let you know when I do.

                       
                                              650 Words
© Copyright 2007 NOVEL-IDEAS (bookfanatic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347624-A-long-and-dusty-road