*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1349247-Saras-Pictures----A-Flash-Fiction
Rated: 13+ · Other · Adult · #1349247
Alex finds Sara's pictures taken on a dare.
I reach into my purse to get my billfold. The casual reach for the old soft leather turns to rummaging...Great. I remember setting the billfold down at the beauty salon.

The envelope in the side of my purse brings a silent sigh -- Sarah's money. Pulling the thick wad of bills free from the envelope, I thumb through them pulling out twenty dollars to pre-pay for my gas. As I put the money back into the envelope, a tiny blue memory card resting with some change catches my eye. I pause. Texas?

Are these Sarah's? The envelope had been sealed at lunch...If these are Sarah's pictures from her dare in Texas, then she might be frantic if she knows she’s lost them.

Pumping gas and the drive across town to the salon to pick up my billfold and phone is a blur.
As I walk into the salon, Alice smiles, her hand resting on her Hip. "Forget something?” she asks me before reaching for my billfold. "I was wondering how long it would take you to come back. I tried to call you but..."

"I know, you had my phone too. Thanks for hanging on to it for me."

-----------

Sitting outside in the parking lot, I tap my fingers on the steering wheel. I chew on my bottom lip closing my eyes trying to make up my mind what to do. My cheeks feel warm and my stomach feels queasy as I reach into my purse to take the memory card out of the envelope and insert it into my phone...

Sarah's face stared back at me. She was looking over her shoulder, a laughing smile giving her a warm glow accented by rosy cheeks.

The thrill of peeking into someone’s private life carries me away.





word count = 300
© Copyright 2007 Alex Griffin (alexandra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1349247-Saras-Pictures----A-Flash-Fiction