*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354024-Uncle-Fred-and-the-Horse
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1354024
Can you lift a horse?
         One day Andrew Ant was showing off his muscles to Lisa Ladybug when Buddy Bee and Fanny Fly came along.
         “You think you’re so great,” Buddy Bee told Andrew Ant, “You’re just a skinny little guy.  I bet you couldn’t even lift a grain of sand.”
         “Oh, yeah,” Andrew Ant retorted, “Bet you can’t lift that leaf over there.”
         Andrew Ant pointed to half a leaf that had been torn from the cherry tree.  Buddy Bee pretended to yawn.
         “I could lift that leaf anytime I wanted,” He said, “I just don’t want to.”
         Andrew Ant went over to the leaf.  He picked it up easily in his mouth.  Buddy Bee pretended not to care.
         “That’s nothing,” Fanny Fly spoke up, “I have an uncle who can lift a horse.”
         “A horse!” Both Buddy Bee and Andrew Ant exclaimed at once.
         “That’s impossible!” Andrew Ant cried.
         “No it’s not.  I’ll show you.” Fanny Fly replied.  Everyone followed her to her uncle’s house.
         “Uncle Fred.” Fanny called.  Out came a small, old fly.  Andrew Ant and Buddy Bee started snickering.
         “Show them how you can lift a horse, Uncle Fred.” Fanny Fly asked with a pointed look toward Andrew Ant and Buddy Bee.
         “Sure.” Uncle Fred replied with a wink.  He flew slowly over to a horse who was eating quietly in a nearby pasture.  Suddenly Uncle Fred opened his mouth very wide and bit the horse hard on the back end.  The horse jumped up in the air and whinnied.
         “Wow.” Said Andrew Ant, “I guess he can lift a horse.”
© Copyright 2007 Wildrose (rosettahk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354024-Uncle-Fred-and-the-Horse