*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354613-The-One-that-Lost
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Political · #1354613
A type of prose-poetry about modern politics.
You don’t want me America. You want someone who will hold your hand, and tell you that it will all be “OK!” That the problems we face are only trivial. But I am here to tell you America that they are not. That we are on the brink of disaster. But you don’t want me America. Because I am not that hypocritical liar who promises you all of your hearts' desires. I stand on a soapbox and preach madness. Global Warming, the falling dollar, the Iraq war, and the oil cap. These problems will not simply disappear. But you don’t want to hear that America. You want another clown-faced-fraud parading around like your savior whoring himself out for your votes. He knows these problems exist as well as I, but he played you as a fool America. And told you your problems would be alright. He sold you out America. He sold you out for the executive pinstripe suit. But you don’t want me America. You want your pinstripe, bobble-headed King. The theatrics are over, and the lights illuminated once more. So all I have to say is, "What do you think of your Humpty-Dumpty country now?"
© Copyright 2007 Cynical Coz (alex710 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354613-The-One-that-Lost