*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355363-Waterfall-Village-The-Next-Generation
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fanfiction · #1355363
This is a story of friends who embark on an adventure that change their lives forever.
/NOTE

This is a Naruto fan fiction that takes place during the three year time jump. There characters depicted are mostly original but there are some very short appearances from characters seen in the manga/anime but I do not own or take credit for creating those characters. Those characters will be mentioned when used.

Comments/Feedback/Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

/NOTE

~Introduction~

In the shinobi world there are many villages full of all different types of shinobi. Some villages, like Konohagakure, are larger and have a greater military presence then some of the smaller villages. Welcome to Takigakure, one of those smaller villages, not known for much more then being the Hidden Waterfall Village.

Takigakure has very few high ranked ninja however due to recent events regarding the rebuilding of both Sunagakure, the village hidden in the Sand, and Konohagakure, the village hidden in the Leaves, Takigakure has decided to create a new ninja academy to help bring in a new era where Takigakure is no longer considered a useless town with no good shinobi.

~Chapter One: The Order is Given! Return all Shinobi!~

“The order has been given Shibuki, all Waterfall ninja are to report immediately to Takigakure. But sir, I’m afraid even if all our shinobi do return to the village we still won’t have that many sir.” stated a messenger. Shibuki, the leader of Takigakure, grinned at the messenger. He walked to his desk, sat in his chair, and looked out his window at all his villagers.

“All I need is a few. Five Jounins, high class ninja, will be more than enough for our academy.” The messenger looked puzzled as he slowly exited the room.

Shibuki started going through stacks of paperwork on his desk regarding several children who applied for the new ninja academy that had just finished being built, however Shibuki still needs teachers for his classes and so far none of the villages previous ninja have returned.

One month went by, and Shibuki was beginning to lose hope until he saw an old comrade was walking back into the village. The tall man looked up at Shibuki and within the blink of an eye was inside of his office. “Hey Shibuki, heard you need some of us old geezers to come back.” said the tall mysterious ninja standing before Shibuki.

“Welcome back Sukejuro Hashimoto. You haven’t changed a bit.” commented Shibuki.

He looked over his old friend, Sukejuro Hashimoto. He was still just shy of six feet tall and still skinny as ever. His black hair had grown past his shoulders since the last time Shibuki had seen him, but he still had those fierce green eyes. His fashion sense hadn’t changed much either. He was wearing a tight black long sleeve shirt that went all the way down to even cover his hands. Over his shirt he had the typical Jounin vest except his was a dark shade of blue to blend in with water more and he had a matching pair of dark blue cargo pants. He looked like the typical Takigakure Jounin except he wears his forehead protecter showing the sign of the waterfall on his left thigh.

“What took you so long?” asked Shibuki with a humorous expression on his face. Sukejuro pointed to the back of the room.

“I had to pick them up on the way.” Two more ninja were standing right behind Shibuki without him noticing a thing. The two ninja pointed out the window to show Shibuki something. Shibuki walked back to the window where there seemed to be at least ten more Jounin looking up at him ready for orders.

“ You never cease to amaze me Sukejuro. Have you been briefed?” pondered Shibuki, still somewhat in a state of shock.

“All I know is that you plan on reforming the village somehow and you need all shinobi to help.” he replied. Shibuki turned and looked at Sukejuro with a wide grin on his face that scared him in a way. The two of them met with the other shinobi for an emergency meeting where they discussed the future of the village and Shibuki’s dream of the village becoming more stable and having more ninja.

“Welcome fellow Waterfall Shinobi. Our village is in need of serious reworking. Our numbers grow less and our ninja grow weak. If something isn’t done soon then our village will be stuck in the shadow of all the other villages. I will not allow this!” shouted Shibuki with a fierce glare in his eye. The Jounin all looked around at one another somewhat concerned to what Shibuki might suggest.

“What exactly are you suggesting Shibuki?” pondered a lady ninja in the rear of the room.

“Is that you Endoh? Of-course it is! I would recognize Endoh Kumiko’s voice anywhere. The Waterfall Village’s most beautiful and most deadly female ninja.” proclaimed Shibuki.

Endoh Kumiko is the only female Jounin still alive in the Waterfall Village. She is a young woman only in her mid-twenties but she is a lot more deadly then she looks. She is about five foot five inches and has short sky blue hair. She is wearing the same thing as Sukejuro, however her black shirt is cut rather low in the neck revealing a less than appropriate amount of skin. Her forehead band, however, is holding her hair back rather then being placed at her thigh. She is known as the Waterfall Vixen and is somewhat short tempered and impatient.

“Well, what is it?” she asked loudly.

“I have built a new ninja academy that is ready to be opened, and all it needs is teachers and team leaders. Our village has plenty of ninja that are ready for squads, but no-one to mentor them. In order for our village to becoming stronger, we need to focus on the next generation of ninja. That is what I propose.” Everyone went silent after Shibuki finished his speech. The sweat rolled down his forehead and cheeks as the ninja looked at one another. Although the silence didn’t last long, it was the longest moment of Shibuki’s life.

Sukejuro slammed his hand on the table! He them screamed, “I will follow you Shibuki! You are the head of our village and it is our duty to obey your orders.” Shibuki heard mutters in the background, and one by one the Jounin began to agree with what he had to say until all of them were supporting him fully.

“Then it's settled! The new academy is to open immediately! All current academy students will now attend the new academy and I have already handpicked students to be put in an advanced course leading to almost immediate graduation!” shouted Shibuki with authority. The Jounin all looked at him with serious looking expressions on their faces. They all were wondering why Shibuki would allow students to graduate early. “The students I have selected have been in our current academy for a long time and are near graduation already but the problem is that we don’t have enough Jounin to act as squad leaders for the older students. They are all gifted in their own way, but they have no-one to guide them and train them. That's where some of you come in.” Shinuki pointed at a few Jounin in the room, one of them being Sukejuro.

“The students I have selected will be given one last test and those who pass will be put under your immediate command in the traditional three man teams. You all have your orders, you are dismissed!” With Shibuki’s orders given, the Jounin vanished from the room with their almost inhuman speed. Graduation day is upon us, a new era for the Waterfall Village.
© Copyright 2007 Slade Stone (sladestone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355363-Waterfall-Village-The-Next-Generation