*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1356032-Theres-Healing-In-Family
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1356032
There is strength in family, the importance of having a good family relationships





There’s Healing in Family

Kevin W. Gardner

         Tonight, after coming home from my annual Gardner Family Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner, I came to realize that having a family that really is full of love plays an important part of my emotional healing.  For the last several years, I have been dealing with the issues of being beaten by my father, and since his passing I have always wondered if he treated my sisters like he did me when they were growing up.  And tonight I got the answers that I was looking for.

         I am thankful that he did not beat my sisters like he did me when they were growing up,  I don’t know what happened, but now I can face the issues head on and I can truly say, I am at peace with myself knowing that he did not treat my sisters like he did me.  However, I am still angry with him, along with my sisters, the way he treated our mother before she passed away.  All I can say here is that even though it has happened, we can now move on and heal in our own different way.  We as individuals have to find different ways for us to heal our emotions whether it is in prayer, reading the scriptures, or whatever, the important key here is for us to rely on one another to get through the tough times.  And having a loving family where we can call on each other and help each other makes all the difference.

         It tears my heart apart to hear about families that don’t care about one another.  I have heard horror stories where that family fights are continuing on years after the original problem was.  Families are not supposed to be that way; families are to stick together no matter whatever happens and grow stronger each and everyday.  Since the passing of our parents, my family and I have gotten a lot closer even though each of us has a very busy life.

         I encourage each and every one of you readers, to take the time out and tell each of your family members how much you love and appreciate each other.  And to all of you, whose parents are still alive, give them the love and support they need and tell them that you love them. Whenever you can, take them out to a nice dinner, or just drop by and do something special for them.  Make them feel that they are appreciated and just tell them that you love them.  May all of you have a happy and save Holiday Season and a blessed 2008.

         

         
© Copyright 2007 kwgardner2008 (kevingardner08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1356032-Theres-Healing-In-Family