*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1356795-The-Lady-and-the-Demon
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #1356795
Truth is not always obvious
Her thoughts drifted back through the years. She again sees the demon rise amidst the fog, threatening to block her path, steal her heart time after time..... Oh, she was quick and did shield well her senses. What could he possibly know of her own precious heart, filled with such deep love? He tried diligently to trap her. She would wake from sleep as he gave chase to her most cherished hopes and dreams.. she remained elusive, quick to slip away and hide... He had a subtle way of oozing through the tiny cracks in her defense. Her faithful heart refused to give way.......Fill the cracks, brace another log to the door, add another lock and bolt........
An excuse will be found......One must be found! Her heart was far too precious to risk destruction and worth any price commanded to protect....
The day did come.. That demon would shout his victory...
With no where to hide, No excuse to be found, she clutches her fragile, battle weary heart and flees blindly to escape his presence! Crashing against walls that appeared from the mist, she frantically looked around for a new escape route.. Oh, but the wall had enclosed about her... too high to climb, too solid to break , too deep to dig.. She had no choice, but to halt and catch her breath...She was trapped. The first in a very long while..
She would defend her heart... She will and must fight!
Filled with hot anger, emotionally bruised and bleeding, she turned and defiantly braced to face him and the future.
His eyes met her own. Astonished, she couldn't ignore his eyes.. They were wise, gentle and full of compassion. She watched amazed, as a crystal tear spilled over and slid down his cheek. She had finally met the cruel demon? He, who had pursued her so relentlessly,tortured her hopes, dreams and tore apart her confidence...... "What is your name?" she whispered..
" My name is Truth." I am God's angel".. He calmly stated.
Her heart wrenching surrender to truth began that day..... It will never end... day by day, year by year, Truth patiently walks beside her, close on her left. Forgiveness to her right....... She is safe...

© Copyright 2007 ByGodsGrace (sandysworld at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1356795-The-Lady-and-the-Demon