*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357479-Libertyville
by Cards6
Rated: E · Chapter · Relationship · #1357479
A novel about the life, relationships and family.
Sunny autumn days like these filled the air with the breeze of fall. The large oak branches that yielded many leaves, permeated the yards beneath them. The site was both beautiful and eventful, making this fall day a picturesque moment; so grand it could be framed and placed above a marble mantel firmly embedded in a rustic home.

The old corner store was destroyed three years ago. It stood there in it's day like a weathered monument, chipped of it's character by abrasion of natural forces. But the memories of the neighborhood kids still stood like a monumental and proud Redwood. But memories are tainted, perhaps incomplete. The story not soon to be forgotten, but the chapters change as the years go by. The characters change weaving in and out of the story. One thing is constant in this old town, beyond the Oak trees and in the hearts and minds of others, were secrets sown and secrets kept.

This made Libertyville a place in time. A place to remember and a place to return. A special place for Ben. Though not a painter, his life resembled that of an artist; painting free style in pastels, symbolizing the many turns of his life. Funny how life goes full circle; two decades, many choices,and then a return to memories.

For Ben, it would be his first autumn away from an academic setting. Having completed his undergraduate and post graduate studies at Cornell and Yale Universities. Ben's future seemed limitless. He was excited about finally coming home, eagerly and with mixed feelings; but still home. Perhaps this time he would enjoy the visit. Yes this time it would be right.
© Copyright 2007 Cards6 (butch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357479-Libertyville