*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357595-cigarettes
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Philosophy · #1357595
short monologue about the addiction within the cigarette itself.
Cigarettes. Why are cigarettes so addicting? They are the propaganda drug. The chemical advertisement. You see, inside a cig there is tobacco and inside tobacco is nicotine. the smoke goes to your lungs and the Nicotine travels to your brain. The smoke is just there to look cool. But that’s not the hook. Yeah, its unhealthy but that’s not the only risk. The addiction comes from what goes to your brain. Nicotine is a billboard poster, a small molecular sized billboard. It travels to your brain and puts itself, it pastes itself, on the chemicals of your brain like a billboard. So when you think, the chemicals in your brain begin to move, like everyday traffic. The highway of the mind. And when they see the billboards on the highway, what do think is posted there? “Marlboro” “Winston” “Camel Joe” Nicotine, man. The ultimate propaganda. Yes, I would like a cigarette.
© Copyright 2007 s.nathan (snathan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357595-cigarettes