*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360047-Harrys-Birthday
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1360047
a short story that I wrote for my creative writing class
Once there was a red lobster name Harry. Now, Harry lived in a shell under the sea. He loved reading comic books and collecting CDs, which he used as Frisbees to play with his friends. He also loved to run, but Harry’s problem was that he didn’t have running shoes, so when he ran, it made his feet sore. Therefore, Harry had to stop running so his feet wouldn’t hurt anymore.

One day, it was Harry’s birthday. He was alone in his shell and he was very sad. He felt as if his friends forgot about his birthday. Harry wanted to play Frisbee with his friends, but they had told him that they couldn’t because they were busy. Harry felt sad and disappointed at his friends.

Therefore, to get his mind off his birthday he read his comic book. Time flew by and Harry still hadn’t heard of his friends. He was becoming very impatient. Suddenly, Harry heard a knock on his shell. So, he went outside to see who was their. To his surprise, he saw all of his friends. They all yelled, “Surprise! Happy Birthday Harry!”

Harry was sure surprised. “I thought you all forgot my birthday,” said Harry smiling. One of Harry’s friends Toby, the tiny sea turtle said, “We can’t forget your birthday. You’re our friend.”

He handed Harry a small box. “Happy Birthday Harry,” squeaked Toby. Harry thanked Toby and opened the box. Inside the box were four little tennis shoes. “Thank you this is what I always wanted,” Harry said putting them on. “Perfect fit.”

Harry started running around his friends, fast. They all cheered Harry’s name and clapped their hands. Harry was happy that he got tennis shoes. But, most of all he was happy that his friends remembered his birthday.
© Copyright 2007 WriterJay89 (jvgurl89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360047-Harrys-Birthday