*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360052-Tap-Dancing-Citters
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1360052
Johnny wakes up to find...
One day Johnny woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. On his way, he heard a tapping noise coming from the kitchen. Thinking it was the faucet he went to check it out. The tapping noise grew louder and it sounded like it was raining under the sink. “Aw, not again with the pipes,” Johnny complained opening the cabinet from under the sink.

To his surprise, he saw hundreds of big roaches’ tap dancing. “Huh?” Johnny shook his head and rubbed his eyes thinking that he was dreaming. He looked down again but still saw the roaches’ tap dancing. He could hear what he thought could be the leader say, “One two three, tap those feet, follow me, tap to the beat. Your doing great.”

The leader of the roaches stopped talking and looked up at Johnny. The leader roach pointed at Johnny and screamed in a squeaky voice, “Human! Run!”

All the roaches scattered everywhere trying to hide. Suddenly Johnny came up with a great idea. “Wait!” He yelled. The roaches froze in their tracks looking like small toys. They all turned to Johnny. The leader roach climbed up the wall and stood up on the counter. “Who are you to interrupt our session? State your business!” squeaked the leader roach. Johnny looked at the roach and asked, “What would you think of working for me?”

“Work? For you? Why should we?” squeaked the leader. Johnny replied, “Yeah, like having a flea circus but more of a roach circus.”

“A circus? Do we look like clowns to you?”

Johnny looked down and saw two roaches wrestling. He smirked and looked at the leader smiling. “We can have a roach circus where people can see you tap dance and we get paid money.”

“Why would we need money?” asked the leader. Johnny answered, “I’ll be your manager. The money can go to buying you guys…or girls…a small stage you can use to tap dance. I also can buy food for you guys…and girls.”

The leader of the roach thought for a while. “Hhhmm, I don’t know, but I kind of like the idea about the food and the stage…very interesting…,”thought the leader. He nodded and said, “In one condition.”

“What?” Johnny asked. The leader replied, “Promise me you won’t step on us roaches anymore.”

“Deal,” Johnny said smiling and shaking the leaders thin little hands. The roaches below Johnny all applauded and cheered.

© Copyright 2007 WriterJay89 (jvgurl89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360052-Tap-Dancing-Citters