*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360125-The-Wolfs-Final-Cry
by Dragyn
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1360125
A final farewell to my mother.
Listen one and all this night as this lone wolf climbs this highest peak. For this night, in the full of the moon shall he tell his final tale, of one great wolf who dared to find her freedom from the pack.

Alone did she raise her cub, and taught him to survive and roam free. Never did she deny him that life and gave him the opportunity to decide what life he would lead. She taught him compassion and an appreciation for life with all its beauty and danger.

He learned from her too, that he must never forsake his ideals and pursue his dreams to their end. He is her cub and her dream, and in his soul, he knows her dream has this day reached its end. For her dream is his happiness, and he has known so much joy.

But now he is alone with his sorrow. Even as he sheds his final tears and his howl of mourning comes to its end, he knows that as he descends this peak, he will begin a new day with new challenges and new joys.

He will use her gift of life to make his own mark upon the earth, for even this lone wolf shall find his life-mate and the dreams will go on. For now he will satisfy himself with this, his final cry, confident that her memory shall live through eternity.

So listen well this night and remember the wolf's final cry...
© Copyright 2007 Dragyn (dragyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360125-The-Wolfs-Final-Cry