*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360779-Chapter-two
by Diana
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1360779
part two of Nothing burns like a Woman Scorned
Jade sat near Jabriel,waiting for his tirade to begin."What about the circle?"asked Jaybriel.Jade shrugged."I've never seen it before.Normally demons use an up-side down pentagram or a triangle.I only reconized what it was because of the eye.Every circle has to be dealt with differently,"she said.Jaybriel grunted."Improvise.It's saved you this long,"he muttered.Jade shook her head."Even I know this is an old symbol.If I approach it,especially with an ill prepared spell,I could end up tied to whoever this symbol represents,mutated,or worse,"she said."Well,this symbol can be traced as easily as that demon.This isn't commonly used,Jade.Get rid of it now,or you stay with me,"said Jaybriel.Jade sighed."What do you want me to do?Take a picture of it and post it on the internet asking ' who knows what this is' ?"she asked.Jaybriel yanked Jade to her feet."Do something now,Jade.The longer you try and argue with me someone is figuring out he didn't do what he was supposed to.If I come back and it's still here you'll be staying the night with Ed,"said Jaybriel.He let Jade go so suddenly she almost fell over backwards.Without saying a word Jaybriel turned and stormed out.Jade sighed and walked over to her closet.

For the next hour Jade sat drawing the peculiar circle that had been drawn on her carpet.She planned on faxing it to Ashley,an old librarian who had helped Jade stay alive and was probably as old as the symbol.Jade had a pretty good idea what Jaybriel was doing right now and felt a quick pang of sympathy.But there be one less demon to fight later on.As Jade finished the drawing she noticed it seemed rushed.Confused,and knowing she'd gone painstakingly slow,Jade stood up and pulled her symbols book out of her drawer.Sitting down on the floor Jade flipped through the pages.Frustrated,she threw down the book after looking through it five times.Again Jade studied the drawing,glancing occasionally at the actual drawing.Finally deciding it was time to fax the drawing to Ashley Jade stood up.Just as she turned to leave the phone on her bedside dresser rung.Jade was cautious about answering it.Only two other people knew her personal number and both of those people refused to use phones unless they had to.Taking a deep breath Jade answered the phone.

A deep guttural voice answered Jade.Someone spoke to her partly in a demonic tounge and rarely in english.One word the demon repeated was property.Jade was about to hang up the phone,but the demon beat her to it.Partly in a daze Jade walked into the living to her fax machine.She went through the motions,and then walked into her kitchen to fix a cup of coffee.As she did she replayed the phone call in her head.And she wondered if she was supposed to hear it at all.Jade knew some demons had trouble discerning female and male voices.Jade shook her head as she poured herself a cup of coffee.She had every intention of going back to bed,but as soon as she walked into the living room Jade knew that wouldn't happen.

Lounging on her couch was Raven,a vampire whos loyalty belonged to noone,.He was smiling,meaning to disarm Jade,but she satyed where she was.Tense and ready for a fight.Raven chuckled."There's not going to be a fight unless that overprotective partner of yours shows up,"he said.Jade asked,"What are you doing here?"Silently wondering why she wasn't armed and shooting.Raven grinned and said,"I suppose it'd be too big a step to say I came here to see you,".Before Jade could react Raven was in front of her.Jade took an involuntary step back,losing her grip on her coffee mug.Raven caught it without spilling a drop and said,"It's dangerous to lose ground to a vampire,".Realizing her mistake Jade prepared herself for an attack,but Raven only wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close."Jaybriel and I aren't the only one watching you.Someone's been around asking about Jade the witch.And he or she,most likely she,is strong enough that even the night gaurd are scared to put a hit out,"said Raven.

What do you mean 'most likely she' ?"asked Jade.Raven paused.It was awhile before Raven answered."Something about it seems feminine.But I've never seen it in person,"he said.Another pause."And it doesn't seem to be only after your power.Almost as if it's looking for something you have.Or something it thinks you have to be more precise,"Raven said with a small chuckle.He gave Jade a quick kiss,and then left before Jade could protest.With a small sigh Jade sat on her couch to drink her coffee.
© Copyright 2007 Diana (dianicwitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360779-Chapter-two