*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362011-Chapter-1-of-Living-Stone-Cold
by Kat
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1362011
A young girl, goes and lives with her dad and meets a boy who is not "normal".
      I loaded the plane, crying the whole way. My parents divorced seven years ago, which wasn't a surprise since they fought all the time, and my dad moved to Dallas, Texas while I stayed in San Francisco, California with my mom. My mom hated living alone. Notice I said " hated" instead of "hates". Well in case you haven't caught on my mom just died. Last Wednesday to be exact. She died in a car accident. A drunk driver hit her head on. She was leaving the office (she was a lawyer) and was coming to pick me up from band practise and she died. It was all my fault. If I hadn't wanted to be in band so bad, my mom would still be alive right now. Everyone says I am taking the death very well. But all they see is how i'm acting on the outside, not what I am feeling on the inside. On the inside I am having an emotional meltdown! The weird lady who smelled like macaroni, said I had to go live with my dad until I turned eighteen, which is only two years because I am sixteen, and then I would be allowed to do whatever I wanted. So here I am loading a plane and heading to Dallas airport.
      When the plane landed in Dallas airport I got out and skimmed the lounge for my good ol' dad. "Jen!" cried a familier voice. I turned to the call of my name and seen my dad half jogging, half (I don't know, limping, I guess would be the right word for it) over towards me. " Hey honey, how was the flight?" Dad said grabbing me in a tight bear hug." I am so sor......", Then he just trailed off. " Fine dad, it was just fine" was my reply. He picked up my luggage and carried it out to the car, opened the car door for me, and then got in on the drivers' side. The ride to my new home was a silent one. I guess dad didn't have much to say and niether did I.
    When we finally parked the car in front of the house, I had a weird feeling someone was watching me. But i just shook it off, thinking about how silly it was. It was probably just me feeling awkward being in a new place. So I just followed dad up to my room and started unpacking my clothes.
      My room wasn't that bad either. It had a queen sized bed with a flowered comforter, flowered wall paper, white walls, and a sky blue carpet. It also had a white dresser, white bedstand, a little TV in the corner, and a small window. Then soon there after I discovered I had a huge walk-in closet. "How great is this?!" I thought. Considering the circumstances.
     
© Copyright 2007 Kat (dream_queen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362011-Chapter-1-of-Living-Stone-Cold